• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*POLL* Do you wear protective vest ?

Do you wear a vest?

• Total voters

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wear one. I have an under-the-jersey one that I wear for motocross and put it on for sledding too. Leatt 3df airfit.

Quinlan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
ND
Tekvest every ride! It's saved my arse on multiple occasions. :face-icon-small-sho

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I don't see the poll anywhere to actually vote but I wear a WARY avalanche airbag vest which has some protection built into it. It has saved me from some bruised ribs from my handle bars.

D

Duvall Dean

Nov 8, 2003
Wenatchee, Wa.
OK so it's an informal poll but I never thought I would need one until I broke my ribs
I think it is as important as wearing a good waterproof breathable jacket

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
back in 2003 my sled attacked me and i broke 3 ribs and my pelvis, was wearing a tekvest but that wasnt going to save me in this situation. Once you break ribs there sore for life. Now I wear a WARY Avy Vest with built in protection and it does help. 2 weeks ago I was riding a rocky ridge line with not enough snow, 5th or 6th sled in line and no snow left and lets just say it didnt go well. I landed in the rocks on my back, bruised my palm somehow but no other damage :) Eric

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
In the summer of 2002 I hit a hay bale at 80ish mph while holding the throttle and n2o button down full blast. Was wearing jean shorts (yeah it was 2002), shoes, t-shirt, TEKVEST and a HELMET.

Flew 50' over the handle bars. Hit head first. Did a tuck and roll. Came to rest about 100' past the hay bale while my sled tumbled along behind me, catching up with each bounce.

That was my first ride with my tekvest. Was almost the day I promised I'd never ride without a helmet or tekvest again the rest of my life. I don't even load my sleds without a helmet.

YES I WEAR A VEST!!!!!

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
I have injured my sternum twice. Dummy me it took two times before I bought a protective vest. Ruined a few weeks of riding until it healed up. Man that hurts. Sure don't want to catch a cold and have to cough.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Don't leave home without it!! It's been an investment that has most definitely paid for itself a few times over!!

If you don't have one, you really should consider it! It only takes a split second to wish we you had one on!!!!

I started wearing one after a friend broke two ribs on the mountain. Long ride down the mountain, long ride to the hospital and a longer ride home!!

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
February 2004 I came into a blind corner a little to hot, well the groomer was there also, I was wearing my TEKVEST, cracked ribs, but it could have been much worse if I had not had it on. Never ride without it.

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Last year I hit a riverbank . Stop me dead in my
tracks,over the hood I went. Seen stars and all.
I was out of breath for the rest of that day, but
It wasn't till a week later that I was hurting bad.
Bruised a few things, but no broken bones. I just picked
my Teck vest and it was the first ride with it.
Glad I had it. You wear it a few times and you don't even
notice it's there.

Premium Features