• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Saw the 2012 Cats today?? behind the R&D facility in IP??

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
Hilly's in the truck right now on his way back so I'll answer it for him, they were all 2-strokes....

However, I'd bet money there is a 4-stroke ;)

Skinner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
Hilly's in the truck right now on his way back so I'll answer it for him, they were all 2-strokes....

However, I'd bet money there is a 4-stroke ;)

Sleepin off the buzz in the truck??????:face-icon-small-coo

Hamps

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2009
I was in the group that saw them also. Although it was a pretty quick glance, what I did see looked impressive. They were kind of sno pro oriented with a narrow hood. Sorry can't give you more. 3 more weeks.

scoop

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
idaho
unhappy

probably already unhappy because of the crapy conditions there. over population plus no new snow= unhappy!

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
My guess is that the new chassis will be able to house all the powerplants including a four stroke and a four stroke turbo option......

Cat started to dip their feet into the water with mountain turbos with the Z1 -EXT last year. Real easy to extend the track....... Feedback / durability must have been acceptable... Now the only thing left was to design a chassis that could accomodate both 2/4 stroke engine options....

Mark the date and time of this post in your diarys.:cheer2:

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My guess is that the new chassis will be able to house all the powerplants including a four stroke and a four stroke turbo option......

Cat started to dip their feet into the water with mountain turbos with the Z1 -EXT last year. Real easy to extend the track....... Feedback / durability must have been acceptable... Now the only thing left was to design a chassis that could accomodate both 2/4 stroke engine options....

Mark the date and time of this post in your diarys.:cheer2:

If they build it like that they can keep it. Even skidoo had to change them a little to accommadate the 4 stroke. I want something narrow and light like the pro. It wil have to be beefier and wider to drop the 4 in.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
I can't find the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics!" smilies. If someone could close this thread until they actually release the damn thing it would be great.:deadhorse:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Didn't you read, they are building them outta titanium and magnesium! And a little unobtainium for structural support. We won't be able to afford them but they will be strong!

Never thought I would see unobtanium in the sledding industry!:face-icon-small-sho

Man how times haved changed:eek::D

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I can't find the "This Thread is Worthless Without Pics!" smilies. If someone could close this thread until they actually release the damn thing it would be great.:deadhorse:

Just for you;)

ThisThreadisworthlesswithoutPics.gif

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
From what i gather, the short track, crossover and mountain will be the same chassis based of the 600 race chassis for lower cost of tooling. Im doubting they will go 4 stroke as the primary motor with the new advancements doo has in 2 stroke technology and they will want to be competitive with that.

The family trail sleds and 4 strokes will stay the twin spar. Not sure it they will have the 141 and 128 crossovers still with the new chassis.

N

North Star

Jan 1, 2008
SW Minnesota
cat demo rides

Outdoor Motorsports in Spearfish SD is advertising demo rides at Trailshead on Friday the 18th. It has been 50 degrees out there so hope they get some. Heading to Bear Lodge Saturday morning so doing the snow dance.

Premium Features