• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 M series

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
For those that were waiting well don't wait any longer.
here is what has changed. Price increase over 300 in cost

M8 HO LE 11,999
M8 HCR 12,299
M8 SP 153 11599
M8 SP 162 11899

Le is Sublime with all sorts of goodies.like Ice scratchers , Hand guards and storage bag, goggle bag and comes with a Avalanche Kit when snow checked.

attachment.php

Shovel,Avalanche Air bag pack, and probes it don't say beacon but I think it does.

HCR 153 with longer tunnel and rear wheel enforcements.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Well I don't disagree a bit with not changing the M8 (a guy like me won't buy a new engine like that until it's 2nd year anyway, and anybody who complains about the M chassis is insane) I do, however, have to add myself to the list of people who are wondering why in the world the HOm1000 didn't come out with this fleet.

There prob trying to get rid of all the 08 hold overs still. One good thing is my 09 will hold its value for another year.

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
Bummer on the HO1000. I'm hoping it shows up in 2012. Since it's not, there really isn't a sled available to "upgrade" to out of all the '11 sleds. The '09 M1000 will keep me smiling til next year :).

Cat needs an all black sled. Bright Green, purple and orange don't to anything for me.

L
Dec 13, 2008
if you guys think the 2011 cat is so bad and you dont like the colors, you want blues and reds and more rider forward. go buy a doo or a poo then you can get on their forums and cry about your blown pistons and your broken cranks

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Nothing bold about those graphics...well...the LE is bold...wont miss that on the hill!!

Graphics department....Swing........and a miss :puke:

I have to agree..the M series still rocks though!

N

North Star

Jan 1, 2008
SW Minnesota
colors

Like my wife says go more retro with greens and a purple, then maybe she will get a new one. For me i will stick with what I got. It hasn't let me down yet. It is almost a sassy grassy green isn't it??? Then it should have a hemi under the hood.

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
I seriously doubt you'll ever see a 1000HO. The EPA changes the rules in a huge way for 2012 and the current 800HO will have a hard time complying, the 1000 doesn't have a chance.

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
Im glad they didn't change the chassis. The M chassis is getting more and more perfected every year. And for the people complaining about the bad trail ride, its a MOUNTAIN sled, buy a F if you want a good trail ride.

W

W A O

Nov 3, 2009
WEST JORDON UT
Anyone know when the 2012 sleds will be released im real exited to see the new changes that they will make. LOL Might as well start it now it wont be long before someone will ask it.
I like bold colors on a sled but that green may need some time to grow on me. Hard to improve a pretty darn good sled but shur wish they would have tried a little harder.:face-icon-small-sad

J
Mar 19, 2008
I am taking a $500 dollar check to he Poo dealer first thing in the A.M. In fact i think I'll carpool with all my cat ridin buddies!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Seven years with the same chassis!? that has to be some type of record! I know the sled goes through the snow well, but the riding position is so out-dated its criminal. why not a few minor changes to the riding position or something to start making it feel a little more refined? Still the worst trail ride by far too. In my years with Cat i learned that the engineers and R&D back at TRF are pretty arrogant about what they think they know. Guess they are conintuing to prove it. The M chassis rocks in the deep, no doubt - but its the least comfortable ride of all four by far.

Remember the 1M? Same basic chassis they came out with in '93. Tell me they ride and handled the same? Definately not. Same applies here.
The Elan was the same for 25 years, Yamaha's Bravo is the EXACT same as it was in the 80's, remember the pogo-stick Yammy held onto till '97? Or the Wedge chassis that turned into the GenII and Edge(again with suspensionand material changes but very very similar. Doo came out with the S-chassis in '96 and kept it alive until the rev with minor drivetrain and suspension changes......they all do it, don't complain that instead of pulling the wool over your eyes they come out with refinements.

Little dissappointing but where are all the guys that didn't want a new chassis? Raving about the old and crying to the heavens about a possible new chassis. Some of those same names are also jumping the bandwagon and crying fowl with the BNG. Keep your panties together guys....the engineers want to give us what we are asking for.....its marketing that is holding it all back.

Something that I think is the biggest feature.......the Avy kit. Doo did it in '04 or '05, shoulda kept doing it, kudos to Cat for stepping up and making sure that their buyers are safe and equiped with the proper tools to enter the backcountry.

Last edited:

cat rider

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairmont, MN
I am taking a $500 dollar check to he Poo dealer first thing in the A.M. In fact i think I'll carpool with all my cat ridin buddies!

I'll have to keep the old 08 M8 after seeing the 2011's, mines about the same with some upgrades and mods.

I might be headed to the doo dealer though. Any other cat guys like the look of the new summit freeride?

208_RMK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 6, 2009
Idaho
I'll have to keep the old 08 M8 after seeing the 2011's, mines about the same with some upgrades and mods.

I might be headed to the doo dealer though. Any other cat guys like the look of the new summit freeride?

no, I will ride my 08' til I think I am being held back by my sled. I still can't ride to my sleds potential.

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska

$13300 for the freeride that is a little rich for this kid. :face-icon-small-ton

D
Dec 15, 2007
Ketchikan Alaska
You guy's *****in about Graphics?? What do you want...a freakin trailer queen??
I don't give a rusty rats azz if they paint em tan. It's still the best mountain sled out there as far as I am concerned.
Historically, AC doesnt usually cut loose of a new design whether it's chassis, engine, clutches.....whatever....until it's deemed worthy.
Is it time for a revolutionary new sled?....Of course it is. But this is a unique in our economy. Kind of looks like it's on the rebound, but shaky at best.
I will remain optimistic. Great things will come.

Oz

A
Jan 16, 2008

no, nothing about a white sled and white snow sounds good. hows is your buddy supposed to you see when the doo-pa-loo craps the bed. especially in flat light.

W

wje_153

Nov 20, 2008
Montana
2012 Ms

the m series is a great sled if i can afford it i will buy a 2011 but really i think that cat is waiting for a 2012 to change the chassis because 2012 marks thier 50th anniverserry

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I will say I really hated the lime green when I first saw it. It really grows on you, its alttle metallic and should look pretty cool on the snow on a sunny day. As for a m1000 ho, never going to happen, stop dreaming. I would put money on this being the last year for the 1000.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton

wow your a brave soul!
if your buyin a Poo ure takin your chances there no doubt about it.
there are 3 other manufacturers, pick one and throw your $500 down on a new 2011, gauranteed you will have more fun

B

Premium Features