• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What wouldn't you do again

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
boondocker box

Timbersled skid or barkbuster front end

09 riser post

Jaws anything

Simmons skis (on an M anyhow)

a motor that uses proprietary pistons (thanks for screwing me on the 600 mod pistons SW!)

a long track sled

a backpack without flotation

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
Straightline Performance pipe - Junk. Poor fit and finish, will not fit over the stock exhaust valves, mounts on the can had to be cut loose and re-welded to get it to fit.

U

ulost

Feb 15, 2008
Wahpeton, ND
Make love to a hooker. Man those doc bills are expensive. But realy, never again first year production sled. More miles on pickup goin back and forth to dealer than the sled had on it.

Oh and backcountryislife, why not simmons on a M?

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Put cash down in the spring for a new sled. I'll wait till Feb/March and save a bunch of $$$ on end of season sales; rather than have a new sled sitting in the garage for 3 months waiting for snow, that I paid top dollar for to make sure I got the Sno Pro or LE model.:beer;

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
What was wrong with the bdx black box? Was thinking of getting one.

X2 - I love the black boxx. BDX makes great stuff and they are super cool to deal with...

As for things i'll never do again on Cats:

1. Buy a "mod big bore 900" on an M7 bottom end. DOG!!!
2. Use Koso products - not my fav and not that reliable. sorry!
3. Think that a warranty from a dealer in WA that sells cats mean a chit. Thanks F&*Ker's for helping me when i had a full warranty! NOT.
4. Buy a torsion kit for the secondary. Some guys like 'em, but i'm not a fan. No offense to CPC or RKT as the product quality are great, i just didn't find them to work any better than some compression setups i've come up with.
5. Buy a 1000. Loved the sled eventually, but left a bad test in my mouth even though it ended up being an *** kicker in the end.

Last edited:
Premium Features