• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

any one ever put a '15 engine in a 13' Pro chassis?

timo406

Premium Member
Mar 21, 2019
Kalispell, MT
I bought what is supposed to be a motor out of a 15 pro to put in my 13 pro after it grenaded. Got it all set in there and there are a few different electrical plugs that my chassis doesn't have anything to go to them... First time swapping an engine and I'm stumped.

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
Not quite the same but I just put a motor from a switchback assault 2011 into a switchback assault 2013 chassis.

I used the complete motor and chassis wiring harness from the 2011 in the 2013 chassis.

The 2013 main wiring harness was not compatible with my 2011 motor.

timo406

Premium Member
Mar 21, 2019
Kalispell, MT
thanks. I've been seeing a lot of things saying that you can use the 13 harness with the 15 motor but maybe I need to get my hands on a 15 harness. Was the harness swap a pain?

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
If you swap out harness make sure you get all the electrical from the 15. Capacitors, voltage regulator, ect. Its easier to change out the stator and flywheel.

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
thanks. I've been seeing a lot of things saying that you can use the 13 harness with the 15 motor but maybe I need to get my hands on a 15 harness. Was the harness swap a pain?

In my case it was easy. I had both sleds that I could look at and take pictures of before I pulled anything apart. I just pulled the complete wiring harness out as one unit from my 11 and put it in the 13 chassis. If you have not taken your 13 apart yet just make sure to take lots and lots of pics and some notes and have a factory service manual handy for any detail questions.

( Short back story. My new to me Indy Dan powered 11 SBA got caught n a garage fire a week after I brought it home. Found a complete 13 roller minus the motor and clutches for a good price. Pulled the motor, clutches and harness out of the 11 and put it all in the 13.)

Your motor harness from the 13 should be the same as what was in the 15 as far as I know. So, as muchentioned above it should be a easy swap out.

polaris bob

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 16, 2002
Michigan
By the way you will have some plugs or connectors that don't plug in anything.

Some of the plugs are for servicing the sled and the other plugs are for options you may not have or options a different chassis might have.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Your motor harness from the 13 should be the same as what was in the 15 as far as I know. So, as muchentioned above it should be a easy swap out.[/QUOTE]

They changed a few things on the 15. Different stator plugs, different voltage regulator, different injectors plug, capacitors and different tps plug.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Sounds like you have it figured out. The TPS and Fuel Injectors connectors are different. The '13 is kind of it's own year as for wiring connectors goes. From my experience, '14 and '15's interchange.

Premium Features