• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 Powerclaw Vs. 2.5 Camo Extreme. Which is better on our sleds?

DAKOTAKIDD

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2009
British Columbia
I'm bringing this post back....so what r the opinions of both tracks after a good 3 months of riding. I am looking for a new track and can't decide between the 2. I ride Whistler and the Coquihalla..

Anyone

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
I really enjoy the 2.6. I ripped a few lugs off last ride, and the base of the lugs are starting to rip on some of the paddles on my turbo. Same track is holding up perfectly on my friends stocker.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I really enjoy the 2.6. I ripped a few lugs off last ride, and the base of the lugs are starting to rip on some of the paddles on my turbo. Same track is holding up perfectly on my friends stocker.

Do you have the rail cap recall done? I know of a Cat that lost many paddles, clips and rails due to this update not being done.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Rail Cap recall? I haven't heard of that one.

I must say I love my 2.6". It made my sled work amazingly well. Maybe too well, it came over backwards on me while climbing a few times. I had to adjust my suspension (like a turbo) and now it's just right. I would have to say it's the best mod I have done to my sled, and there are a lot of them.

T

TheBreeze

Jul 23, 2008
Sussex, Wisconsin
It's not the rail caps, as the track is on a Kmod. It's from spinning on stumps and rocks, but that is interesting info.

Last edited:
R

RDrangstveit

Jan 30, 2008
Silverthorne/Kremmling, CO
Rail Cap recall? I haven't heard of that one.

I must say I love my 2.6". It made my sled work amazingly well. Maybe too well, it came over backwards on me while climbing a few times. I had to adjust my suspension (like a turbo) and now it's just right. I would have to say it's the best mod I have done to my sled, and there are a lot of them.

x2^^^

Could not agree more. I went with the 153" 85 durometer 2.6 PC. Second ride I stood my sled up and flipped it over backwards. Now I need another hood(5th one on this sled):face-icon-small-hap. It grabs like crazy in the deep snow, had to re-adjust my suspension to keep my skis down. I can ride wheelies down the trail and it throws huge roost, amazing track.

zachman33

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2011
Washington
So some of you guys have talked about readjusting your shocks? What have you guys done? I had my shocks revalved but if I buy a 2.6 powerclaw I would like to know what I need to do? Also another question, for those of you running MDS clutching what have you done to your clutch weights? Have you lowered weight? Thanks

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I adjusted the front track shock so a few less threads were showing. It was just enough to still let the sled front end come up but, not let it come over on top of me. I have the GEO mod as well.

F

forreboy

May 17, 2008
Sweden
CE 2.5 is alot better than stock 2.25 PC. I tried a m800 with pc 2.6, I thought my CE had better traction than 2.6 PC, but mine sled aren't stock either like the m800 was.
I Think the CE 2.5 is a very good track and feels light driven. Didn't loose any rpm at all compared to PC 2.25. Great track!

Skickat från min LT15i via Tapatalk 2

Premium Features