• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat forums

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
All I'm say is "enough is enough". If you're not happy about paying Snowest to provide this tool that allows folks to share free information, fine...then say your piece and move on. Stop bringing it up on each and every post. If you can't see past the 50th post, or whatever it is, then pay $30 so you can, or keep your mouth shut and move on to these other free forums that everyone keeps talking about. Just stop whining about it....please!

I get what your saying, but that is a little better way of saying it, dont you think.
In my opinion backcountry had a point or opinion that he was trying to get across, thats why this thread was started. You also don't have to read it if it offends you.

Another thing to those that think its free info, Now that those of us that payed to give and receive info its not free.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I get what your saying, but that is a little better way of saying it, dont you think.
In my opinion backcountry had a point or opinion that he was trying to get across, thats why this thread was started. You also don't have to read it if it offends you.

Another thing to those that think its free info, Now that those of us that payed to give and receive info its not free.

I really hope Backcountry isn't finished here,he is an asset to the forums in my opinion.
We just have to accept the change as there is nothing we can do about it now,decisions have been made and I can not see them changing again.But we should try and get along so Snowest stays the best site on the net.

Dave

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I sure hope not to many of the "good guys" leave...

This site has been my addiction for 10 years now, now way I can leave, lol.
And although I completely understand the feelings of those that really contribute who now have to pay to help others, I cant see a way around it yet.

Maybe a paypal feature where you could hit a button on the guys posts and send them a dollar? On HCS those who wants to sell anything must become a sponsor..

Anyway, the future will be all about pics and vids and speed. Lots of it in hi resolution so broadband is a must. We all like speed so when member counts are in the tens of thousands the free thing could not last.

I for one would rather pay $10 a year than have the site swarm with adds!!!
Seldom see any adds on the side, only the top??

Last I agree that the new site is far from perfect. Some new fancy $hit that I'll probably never use and a split between free/basic/premium that could use some more thought. Certainly a free trial membership to let new people in on what it's all about.

My $.02

R
Feb 17, 2008
Hilliard, AB
Here's my take on this. I'm 16 and obviously love this sport. When it comes to paying for a membership to a formerly (sp?) free forum, I don't know if I can justify it. I have pennies and dimes to save to add/fix stuff on my sled and make the extra trip here and there. It's hard enough as it is with being a student and also trying to make some money and enjoy a super expensive hobby! Just my .02.

T

trencher

Nov 28, 2007
Missoula
Snowest forms will be around for years to come.The people that understand the value in live & the value that this site is is much greater then the people that don't.There is not another site for snowmobiling like snowest any where.We are stronger then ever and will continue to go stronger.So please tri to find what is here some where else.when you get tired of looking Snowest will gladly take you back for your great intuition & and advice on snowmobile advancement.I wish that the people would put this much effert in to triing to fight the greenes & goverment as they complane about spending a little cash on a great place to get info & chat with freinds.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
I wish that the people would put this much effert in to triing to fight the greenes & goverment as they complane about spending a little cash on a great place to get info & chat with freinds.

Now that's some food for thought...:face-icon-small-dis

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Does this mean you're done? Seriously, could we be that lucky? I guess we'll find out.

If only snowest could be lucky enough to just have a bunch of useful members like you, if only...

THEN all their problems would be solved. You've been around for 10 years & have made 229 posts... yep, that kind of contributor is just what keeps places like this alive.

Don't worry, I can't read the response so bash away.

F

Flange

Oct 25, 2001
Calgary, Alberta
If only snowest could be lucky enough to just have a bunch of useful members like you, if only...

THEN all their problems would be solved. You've been around for 10 years & have made 229 posts... yep, that kind of contributor is just what keeps places like this alive.

Don't worry, I can't read the response so bash away.

Hmmm....I thought you were going to another forum? I guess things aren't that bad here huh? I'm pretty sure we'll see you as a paid member before long. If we don't, no big deal to me. There were plenty of good folks on here long before you arrived, and there will continue to be long after you leave. The sooner you get over yourself and your high post count, the better off we'll all be. Don't let people's post count fool you...there are lots of us that us PM's and avoid the BS that can come with posting.

Last edited:

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I've got absolutely nothing against folks that stick around, each their own.

BUT... it drives me nuts to hear this argument from folks, you're not paying the people that are sharing their knowledge with us, we're paying an IT geek that will keep bannering the site with ads, but will ALLOW us to share info with each other. My only issue is the fact that this same information can be had for free on other sites.

I also agree, $10 or $30 is a pittance in this sport, but It's MY $30 & it won't be going in Christophers pocket for giving me absolutely nothing I couldn't get for free. IF I saw a single feature that added to my knowledge that was honestly provided or paid for by Snowest I'd be all for it, I'm ok with paying for content, just not for the content of other paying customers.
So far I have seen nothing that has been added to the forum that they have done for us aside from some kinda cool features (I do like some of them, on other forums I look for the thanks or useful buttons!!) that make the site easier to navigate or just more pleasant to use, but don't add anything that I really want to know or could learn from.

Exactly. I totally agree with this, and to be honest, I am surprised they haven't "cleaned up" the posting on this thread yet.

I really do not understand the pinch for cash. Like mentioned, the forum is full of paid advertisements, contributing members and vendors. But there is something that is not being mentioned here, and it is the FREE information and real world experience that SW mag is getting. I can only imaging how many articles and stories have already been generated by this free trade in info for them to write about in the SnoWest mag. I mean, yeah I buy them still, but I now have to buy this too? I cant quote off on numbers here, but its not just the PROs and article authors coming up this all this info. Common

I am sure these guys are still going to make a killing on it. Free enterprising is awesome huh.

I will ride this free member status as long as it will last, but at the end I will not be worried about whats going on over here. There is so much forum jumping that the answers will come around eventually. I am not cheap, just a little jaded.

Premium Features