• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bought a '98, XC-6 for my wife,, Reverse??

S

slowfusion

Nov 13, 2008
Sodus Point NY.
Bought a '98, XC-600 for my wife with 3800 miles, Takes for ever to warm up, pops a little at first but clears up when warm, Thinking Reverse kit, Any ideas? Got the sled real cheap so worth investment to a point.

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
Reverse for the wife---good idea. The mechanical reverse for XC's were a PIA though. With the tipped in trailing arms just not much room to install the new chaincase cover w/o alot of cussing and sometimes DNA left on the sled.:D
She probably won't ride it hard enough to have chain issues. By that I mean I saw several sleds jerk the chain in half thus breaking the case, because of the slack built into the reverse gear.

S

slowfusion

Nov 13, 2008
Sodus Point NY.
Reverse for the wife---good idea. The mechanical reverse for XC's were a PIA though. With the tipped in trailing arms just not much room to install the new chaincase cover w/o alot of cussing and sometimes DNA left on the sled.:D
She probably won't ride it hard enough to have chain issues. By that I mean I saw several sleds jerk the chain in half thus breaking the case, because of the slack built into the reverse gear.

Mabey the Edge chain case??

S

slowfusion

Nov 13, 2008
Sodus Point NY.
Update, 1 day late.

Went throught it more yesterday,,Y-Pipe was finger loose bolts . Loose enough to turn, "IN" at leaste 4 turns by hand !! took Y-pipe off and intake and inspected,,,, PERFECT!! I'm lucky as HECK!! Put all back together and has more power now than ever. I must say, This is the baddest 600 I've ever put my fat asp on. Thank the lord it didn't melt down before .

Premium Features