• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

new choke help on xlt rmk 600

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
It's been a while since I replaced one but as far as I remember I just drove the pin out with a drift punch and then it pulled apart from the back (inside parts just slide out the back).

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
The box has to be pryed apart, it is a PITA. The 2 pieces are glued together. Have some superglue handy to make it stay together when you fix it.

S
Mar 11, 2009
Washington
The box has to be pryed apart, it is a PITA. The 2 pieces are glued together. Have some superglue handy to make it stay together when you fix it.

Has to be pried apart? Is there more than one type? When I bought a replacement choke lever kit from the dealer they told me I would have to pry it apart, but I didn't have to. All I had to do was drive the pin out with a drift punch and and it came right apart (slid out the back). So unless this one is different from the rest (96 xlt sp), they can be taken apart without prying them apart at the glue joint.

Premium Features