• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Mountain Cat vs SnoPRo

L

LuckydawgAK

Feb 13, 2011
Aurora, CO
The differences are:

Ski Shocks are QS3 on MC
Rear shocks are Qs3 on MC
Track lugs are 3.0 Std on MC
LED std on MC

Any other differences?

I was still living in Florida at Snocheck time... just moved to Colorado, yay! Is the MC worth the $1K additional over the SnoPro?

If in the Denver area, who all do you like as a dealer?

Thanks

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Its not a $1000 difference. In Canada its $800. So for you its more like $600.
The mountain cat has the 3 inch track standard, so I'd have to compare it to the sno pro with the 3 inch track.

I hate floats with a passion. I know a lot of guys love them. but they don't do it for me.

These new QS3 floats may change my perception of them. Long story short, if the 3 stage adjustments work like they are advertised then I'd be throwing the pump in the garbage and jumping for joy.

And if you don't like them, you shouldn't have much trouble selling them.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Track is not big deal for me. But i believe those shocks are ! Led lights are mystery for now, let see when it comes...
Is there difference all so at the drive saft high? MC lower?

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Rear skid shock and arm are 1" longer in mountain cat. Also has climb lock feature to help keep the front end down for climbing.

Rest of the sled is the same as far as I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Goto the Denver snow show this weekend and look at them in person. Talk to the people from cat that are there. Get as much info as you can. Cat booth is usually staffed by local dealers and employees from cat. Try and meet a dealer you like and is knowledgeable.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Mountain cat also has a different lightweight gas tank and is supposed to have the lightweight jackshaft too ( some have it and some don’t? I hear they have had some issues, but not confirmed)

The Rear Rear skid shock has the QSL with Lockout feature.

Personally, if you like the look of the MC and like it’s features, I believe it’s worth it when you price everything out.

-Stack

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Rear skid shock and arm are 1" longer in mountain cat. Also has climb lock feature to help keep the front end down for climbing.

Rest of the sled is the same as far as I know.

Longer shock in both the MC and SP for 18, type of shock is different. I have the new locking QSL installed on my SP early release, and I am adding the MC QS3’s up front!

Tyman212

Premium Member
Sep 1, 2012
Longer shock in both the MC and SP for 18, type of shock is different. I have the new locking QSL installed on my SP early release, and I am adding the MC QS3’s up front!

Cool. Wasn't aware both are longer.

acwyo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Douglas, Wy
Mountain cat also has a different lightweight gas tank and is supposed to have the lightweight jackshaft too ( some have it and some don’t? I hear they have had some issues, but not confirmed)

The Rear Rear skid shock has the QSL with Lockout feature.

Personally, if you like the look of the MC and like it’s features, I believe it’s worth it when you price everything out.

-Stack

Sno Pro gets all the same lightweight parts as the Mnt Cat. Only difference is the Mnt Cat has a different shock package (same length), led headlight and a goggle bag. Also the Sno Pro you can get a 2.6" or 3" in the 153" length but both get 3" in the 162".

Snow show in Denver this weekend would be a great spot to get more info directly from Arctic Cat. Front Range Powersports out of Ft. Collins is great and will be at the show as well.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Sno Pro gets all the same lightweight parts as the Mnt Cat. Only difference is the Mnt Cat has a different shock package (same length), led headlight and a goggle bag. Also the Sno Pro you can get a 2.6" or 3" in the 153" length but both get 3" in the 162".

Snow show in Denver this weekend would be a great spot to get more info directly from Arctic Cat. Front Range Powersports out of Ft. Collins is great and will be at the show as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIVyXEWICTc

There is a lot of different info out there, I thought that tank was specific to the MC, but I have also read all Non-ES SO and MC received it.

This was directly from arcticinsider:

It’s been three straight years of serious improvement on the M Series machines, with 2018 getting perhaps the biggest upgrades that result in a 10-15-lb. weight reduction depending upon model.

The improvements:

* Body panels are 3-in. narrower (and 1-lb. lighter) which lets you carve deeper in the snow without levering off the panels;

* Lightweight aluminum drive shaft (3-lb. weight savings);

* Hollow driven shaft (2.25 lbs. lighter);

* 5-lb. lighter gas tank (on Sno Pro/Mountain Cat non-electric start models);

* And a lightweight brake assembly that drops 1.3 lbs.

Plus all 2018 M sleds get the upgrades that came on the 2017 Mountain Cat (and which shed about 6 lbs.). These changes are referred as the Ascender Platform:

* A driveshaft that’s 1-in. lower and 0.75 in. rearward, which results in a flatter track-to-snow angle for improved floatability, quicker climbing on top of the snow while accelerating and improved handling. It makes possible the 3-in. lug track and 8-tooth drive sprockets;

* Revised running boards are 1-in. narrower for improved side-hill performance

* Revised bellypan shape allows the rider’s feet to move 2 in. further forward

* Thinner gauge aluminum on the rear tunnel, plus strategic cut-outs on the front tunnel section

Last year the Mountain Cat was the lightest M Series model, and now it sheds another 16 lbs. for 2018!

Premium Features