• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colin Kaepernick - what a loser

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
7cbfb64bbab85e145d16eb2a7cc0a7b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Also, since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...in-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

He (they) isn't trying to disrespect the people who have fought for this country. He's attempting to point out that we aren't living up to the ideals we claim the flag represents.

I've copied this from someone else's post on another website:
Aug 14, 2016- Colin Kaepernick sits for the national anthem.....and no one noticed.
Aug 20th, 2016- Colin again sits, and again, no one noticed.
Aug 26th, 2016- Colin sits and this time he is met with an extreme level of vitriol. Even the future President of the United States took shots at him while on the campaign trail. Colin went on to explain his protest had NOTHING to with the military, but he felt it hard to stand for a flag that didn't treat people of color fairly.
Then on on Aug 30th, 2016 Nate Boyer, a former Army Green Beret turned NFL long snapper, penned an open letter to Colin in the Army Times. In it he expressed how Colin's sitting affected him.
Then a strange thing happened. Colin was able to do what most Americans to date have not...
He listened.
In his letter Mr. Boyer writes:
"I’m not judging you for standing up for what you believe in. It’s your inalienable right. What you are doing takes a lot of courage, and I’d be lying if I said I knew what it was like to walk around in your shoes. I’ve never had to deal with prejudice because of the color of my skin, and for me to say I can relate to what you’ve gone through is as ignorant as someone who’s never been in a combat zone telling me they understand what it’s like to go to war.
Even though my initial reaction to your protest was one of anger, I’m trying to listen to what you’re saying and why you’re doing it."
Mr. Boyer goes on to write "There are already plenty people fighting fire with fire, and it’s just not helping anyone or anything. So I’m just going to keep listening, with an open mind. I look forward to the day you're inspired to once again stand during our national anthem. I'll be standing right there next to you."
Empathy and understanding was shown by Mr. Boyer.........and Mr. Kaepernick reciprocated. Colin invited Nate to San Diego where the two had a 90 minute discussion and Nate proposed Colin kneel instead of sit.
But why kneel? In a military funeral, after the flag is taken off the casket of the fallen military member, it is smartly folded 13 times and then presented to the parents, spouse or child of the fallen member by a fellow service member while KNEELING.
The two decided that kneeling for the flag would symbolize his reverence for those that paid the ultimate sacrifice while still allowing Colin to peacefully protest the injustices he saw.
Empathy, not zealotry under the guise of patriotism, is the only way meaningful discussion can be had. Mr. Kaepernick listened to all of you that say he disrespects the military and extended an olive branch to find a peace.

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
Remember the good old days, when the nfl played pig skin ball, now they just play political ball. :face-icon-small-sad

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada
Why do they think the anthem is the time to protest? How about DOING something to cause change instead of looking like a dumbazz in front of fans. Surely there's a better way to protest.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

No, he simply did an excellent job at spinning facts to fit his narrative.

I will start off by criticizing our great President Trump.
Frankly, he sh!t the bed on this one.
He was right, but the way he said it along with the SOB remark galvanized both sides against the other, but he was right.
The NFL has chosen to enforce rules and imposing fines against players for:
Sock color
Shoe color
Headbands
Honoring breast cancer awareness
Honor fallen police officers
Honoring 911 victims
These are just a few examples of reasons that the NFL thought it was appropriate to enforce rules.
So our great President Trump is correct in suggesting that the league enforces their own guidelines pertaining to the National Anthem.

None of us could get away with actions that would affect our employers with this much negativity, particularly if doing so while "punched in".

Here's a thought, why not do something to raise awareness to your cause in a way that will pull both sides together?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
Do they have the right to kneel during the National Anthem. Yes. Brave men have died for years to protect that. Is it right? Absolutely not. The league, it's owners and players are flipping off their fan base. They all think the NFL is too big to be held accountable for its actions. I and I hope many other Americans are going to also protest, but mine will be with my wallet. I am done watching, I am done with merchandise, and I will pass on products advertised during the games.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Here's a thought, why not do something to raise awareness to your cause in a way that will pull both sides together?

Like what? What possible way is there for a black man to protest police brutality and systemic racism that is going to get you to think "hm, maybe he has a point"?

You don't think those things are issues, you're never going to agree with him protesting them.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho

rmk8000

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2013
saskatchewan canada

They should stick to that then. I just don't see how kneeling during the anthem is doing anything to cause change. It's just a lazy form of protest that lacks a clear message and pisses off fans. It's not gonna have any positive effect. It's not like a racist cop is gonna watch this and be like "guess I won't shoot unarmed black men since it causes NFL players to kneel during our anthem".

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
They should stick to that then. I just don't see how kneeling during the anthem is doing anything to cause change. It's just a lazy form of protest that lacks a clear message and pisses off fans. It's not gonna have any positive effect. It's not like a racist cop is gonna watch this and be like "guess I won't shoot unarmed black men since it causes NFL players to kneel during our anthem".

In other words:
"Shut up and dance for my entertainment and don't make me think about things that make me uncomfortable."

Sorry, but it's obviously working since we are all spending so much time talking about it.

J
Jan 15, 2010
No, he simply did an excellent job at spinning facts to fit his narrative.

I will start off by criticizing our great President Trump.
Frankly, he sh!t the bed on this one.
He was right, but the way he said it along with the SOB remark galvanized both sides against the other, but he was right.
The NFL has chosen to enforce rules and imposing fines against players for:
Sock color
Shoe color
Headbands
Honoring breast cancer awareness
Honor fallen police officers
Honoring 911 victims
These are just a few examples of reasons that the NFL thought it was appropriate to enforce rules.
So our great President Trump is correct in suggesting that the league enforces their own guidelines pertaining to the National Anthem.

None of us could get away with actions that would affect our employers with this much negativity, particularly if doing so while "punched in".

Actually the NFL only has a rule last limiting wearing specific political symbols on the field and one that says they all have to wear the same uniform. Players are allowed to wear a black armband or similar to show support for things like 9/11 victims (which they did)

Ratings were up considerably last week, the negativity isn't coming from the players, it's coming from your great leader and his efforts to divide the country. if he would have shut up and supported their right to peaceful protest this wouldn't be an issue, instead his ignorant base latched on like stink on sh$t without looking at the whole story. If anyone is disrespecting the flag and what it stands for it's your great leader and his followers, not the players.

The NFL doesn't have a hard rule about standing during the game. It's referenced in their code of conduct but not in the official rule book. If they did then why is your great leader and his lap dog (sessions) calling for just that to be imposed? If he has it his way it'll be a requirement to say the pledge before flipping burgers at McDonald's.

Last edited:

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
In other words:
"Shut up and dance for my entertainment and don't make me think about things that make me uncomfortable."
Sorry, but it's obviously working since we are all spending so much time talking about it.
People watch football for enjoyment of the sport and above all to escape politics. Its getting harder to escape.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
People watch football for enjoyment of the sport and above all to escape politics. Its getting harder to escape.

I thought we were all for personal responsibility. Don't like it? Don't watch. I don't like a lot of stuff on TV. I don't watch it. I don't make a big fuss about being offended by something someone on TV did. I thought that was something snowflakes did.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
When I called in to cancel my Dish network football subscription they lady on the other end said "this has been happening a lot lately." :face-icon-small-hap

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
In other words:
"Shut up and dance for my entertainment and don't make me think about things that make me uncomfortable.

In this case, that is exactly the case.
Very well said!
While in the stadium they are there to entertain the fans.
Pissing off the fans is totally failing to entertain them.

BLITZKRIEG

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2011
MT
I thought we were all for personal responsibility. Don't like it? Don't watch. I don't like a lot of stuff on TV. I don't watch it. I don't make a big fuss about being offended by something someone on TV did. I thought that was something snowflakes did.
I partially agree but like anything that is consumer & fan driven that becomes upsetting to its base audience they have to be vocal, cancel subscriptions, stop buying game tickets, boycott, etc. all in hope that the heads of the organization take notice and stop the circus.

Premium Features