• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Head Racing

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Front suspension with Fox float shocks? Did they look at the pic before they put the caption on it??? :D

Ski-Doo-XM-Summit-X-Alternative-Impact-Front-Suspension.jpg

Just took out my first rod end on my Alt. Impact arms last weekend btw... AWESOME product.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Front suspension with Fox float shocks? Did they look at the pic before they put the caption on it??? :D

Ski-Doo-XM-Summit-X-Alternative-Impact-Front-Suspension.jpg

Just took out my first rod end on my Alt. Impact arms last weekend btw... AWESOME product.

Yep a few typo's lol, but thot it a nice article and Props to SHR. Fox floats on the rear skid. I agree on the Alt Imp, as long as you carry a spare heim joint, you can fix on the mtn!

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
we noticed Slim and his XM Summit were dancing as one, like equally matched pair figure skaters.

could you imagine slim and big john figure skating together.

I think I know which on would be getting spun in the air. :face-icon-small-blu

alt

Lifetime Membership
Jan 7, 2010
Livingston
www.alternativeimpact.com
Just happened upon this. Good article. Just as a heads up this coming season the uppers will be the rounded style such as these. I am even contemplating a slight change in caster as an "option" thanks! (Sorry I'm on the road and can't get the pic to upload)
Dan

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
ha, ha, riding in Benton City, Wa....that IS the armpit of Washington, and has probably only had enough snow to ride on once in the last 15 years...lol

Lived there 5 years while working at the Bar H, we called Benton City "Bentucky", hahahha. But must say it was a great home and good people.

Can't say that about the yuppy fake people living in the Tri-Citiies.

Actually snowed frequent, but never enough to ride except the day it snowed 10 inches, that night we fired up the sleds and rode down to the local watering hole "The Palm" . Still laugh about that!!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
An asset to the Snowmobile Industry

I have been in dealings with BJ for several years. It's his Knowledge, Customer Service, and Product that keeps bringing me back! Unlike some others out in the industry, his products come with a great set-up. John knows what works because he RIDES and TUNES. In short - weird word to use when one is talking about Big John lol - John has been helping members on the forums longer than I can remember, his customer service reputation speaks volumes!!!

S

sledsrock

Nov 26, 2007
Grand Junction, Co.
SLIM...

YOU didn't win JH this year...you and your sled suk...:face-icon-small-win

Winning JH = Skilled Rider/Suspension/Luck

I think ole #45 proved that back in 96 on his STOCK motored summit! I don't recall if he WON, but it did prove a stock sled can get over the top with respect if the rider is talented.

Premium Features