• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat is ASHAMED!!!

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
I was one of the poor saps that got the opportunity to ride one of those Pro-Climb 1100T's this past spring, they sucked soooo bad I bought one! Even after owning M Series sleds for the past 5 years! :face-icon-small-hap

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
The best sled I ever owned was a fridgerator/freezer called the edge! 145 h.p and atleast 550 lbs! When I got this sled going from ah 99 700 rmk I thought it was the cats ***... No one then even cared about weight and the edge was one of the best machines ever! People do forget about the technology put into these machines and when the 1100t hits the snow I'll be willing to bet alot of guys that bought 8's are gonna wish they bought turbos! I mean where else can you get 240 h.p on pump gas and not pay 20 g's to do it!!! No one I've known who has rode ah 250 h.p nytro said it absolutely sucked.

C

CatRpillar

Oct 9, 2011
Wild Rose Country
Alberta Show

Btw, went to the above show and they had multiple 1100T's and even a cutaway one. My dealer says he's surprised at how well they've been selling.

Maybe they didn't bring them to SLC because they don't sell to bench racers? Probably had lots of pictures and video games though!:face-icon-small-ton

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
lol

This is some funny chit. If it would just snow and cat would deliver the 1100 turbo's you all could just shut up and ride. Too bad we do not have a moderator to delete worthless threads like this.:faint:

Oops sorry ksh did not see you was the mod. No pun intended.

Last edited:

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
The ski-doo thing is just my opinion!!! :) the freeride does climb like ah some bitch!!!

I absolutly hate skidoo but iam not so ignorant to admit that on straight up highmarking the skidoo is a monster, i could care less who gets the highmark though all about the handleing for me. Iam still rideing a dinosaur iq hope to ride the new pro rmk and pro climb this winter

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
Ok, so I was alittle heated, and alittle drunk when I posted that but I take back what I said about ski-doo! It's all about rider preference and opinion, sorry if I disrespected anyone!!! :)

J

jeffwmc54

Mar 21, 2011
yakima Wa
To sum up my entire point on this completely stupid thread that I can't believe I ever spoke on is that good things come to those who wait! No manufacturer makes junk these days and everyone rides what works best for them. Some people prefer chevy over ford and it's the same with sleds, sometimes we all get alittle pumped when someone says stupid chit about something that someone spent hard earned money on, but at the end of the day it really is terrible when we have to bad mouth someone or something just to get arise or attention! This is the last time I will fall into this trap and voice my opinion because I realized that I made myself look just as bad as the guy who started this whole thing... I'll let me and my new 1100t do the talking this year!

K

knifedge

Dec 20, 2009
Colorado
--The 1100T is apparently good enough for Amber Holt who is coming off a M1000T

--The 1100T is far superior in most every way than ANY production Yamaha, and Yamahas
seem to be quite popular -- I think Cat has a real winner here-- I am looking forward to riding one

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Great thread. :face-icon-small-con

Oh, and JFYI....don't go to shows and lift sleds to see how heavy they are. I'll save you the effort by telling you they are ALL heavy and you are just looking like a silly newbie when you go around dead lifting a row of sled to "weigh" them. :face-icon-small-dis

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Actually they did have one at the slc show. It was the black one with the retro graphics. You might have seen if your head wasn't in your a$$

I saw the sled your speaking of Mr Offensive. But if you had looked.... It was actually just a 1100..... NO TURBO! People were commenting all night about how unbelievably heavy it was. Wait until you add the turbo, charge tubes, intercooler, etc...... This is why it's not at the show. I practically bleed green, but then I realized. Cat is not writing me any checks! Why should I pay more for a heavier sled that Cat Is to afraid to let the public see. If their to afraid to show up with it in the spring for me to demo, then to embarrassed to bring it to the show. Then I'm definitely to afraid to show up with one on the snow!

I'm sorry if I have offended any loyal Cat riders. That was not my intention. But don't be mad at me Cat is the one that decided to build a one chassis fits all "mountain sled"? I'm simply posting what everyone else is thinking, and don't want to say. Cat you messed up!!:faint:

You talking about the Retro with the manikin on it, the manikin in FULL riding gear…..or maybe it was a dummy and it was just you………………………..

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001

Oh, and JFYI....don't go to shows and lift sleds to see how heavy they are. I'll save you the effort by telling you they are ALL heavy and you are just looking like a silly newbie when you go around dead lifting a row of sled to "weigh" them. :face-icon-small-dis

LMAO.so tru.and the ones that need to test drive or wont buy are a close second.silly newbs

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.

Don't listen too him. You doo what you got to doo to get your muscles memory back with this range of motion.:beer;:becky:

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
Dude

LMAO.so tru.and the ones that need to test drive or wont buy are a close second.silly newbs

I have owned them all and in wet snow they are all Flippin heavy. Burried going down they weigh a ton and straight up is worse! Had a EXT mountain cat, went like hell but was no fun loaded with snow with a ski hooked on a tree. Hdd a Yami touring sled for my wife, what a pig...The sled.

I sat on a Cat at the Denver show and liked it but I opted for a pro. Hard to pass on 177 ponies but don't buy a first year product. I do ride with cats m8's, buddy got a XF 800, so I guess we will see how they compare. My guess is they are so close no one will care but the tools that ride em and the tools that read BS threads like this one.

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
This is some funny chit. If it would just snow and cat would deliver the 1100 turbo's you all could just shut up and ride. Too bad we do not have a moderator to delete worthless threads like this.:faint:

Oops sorry ksh did not see you was the mod. No pun intended.

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features