• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who pays?

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
question for you ladies. Who pays for the sleds, maintence, oil, parts etc?
I was just curious if the ladies pay for the sledding stuff or if the husband pays.

The wife has been riding for over 10 yeasrs, this is her 5th sled. She does pretty good in the mountains. She asked me to take her sled into the shop for maintence and i was just curious who pays in your house?

she is a pretty good rider and is pretty also. these where taken in revy over valentines weekend. The 2 of us are on top of turbo hill.

thanks
tim

revy09 145res.JPG revy09 165res.JPG revy09 188res.JPG revy09 197res.JPG

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Hello Tim! What on earth are you doing in here?? ;) I KEEEEEEEEEDD! :p

Yes, your wife is very pretty! :) And takes fabulous pictures on the snow too. :eyebrows: I just went looking for a few I had of Kerry from a few years back and can't find them... :(

I am pretty sure our household is different than many... but... :D

I paid for my sled, I pay for my parts, I do most of my maintenance and pay for my oil, belts, etc etc.

My gear is sponsored to me, so this year I was excited to buy him all new gear. :thumb:

Brent buys the gas, has the hauler and trailer.

so...

I'd say I still get off very cheap! :whoo: LOL

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
Great pics Tim! :)

Hubby pays here....but that's due to him working and me at home (since we do the camphost gig in the summer). I get the household duties. :washing: I haven't had a new sled for awhile, but I was working when I got the one I have now...so came out of joint funds.

My hubby doesn't like cleaning/polishing. :face-icon-small-sho So he does the mechanical stuff, and I clean and polish both sleds (including motors). He pulls the clutches off, I clean then. I will help, or do some of the smaller things on my sled. I enjoy the garage time! :D

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Joint funds, so not an issue on who pays. I would like to do all of my own work on my sled, but I'm just learning so he does a lot of helping.

L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well, we have joint funds as well. Hubby did however surprise me with my current sled it came out of other funds, not really joint. I also get gear sponsored or very much discounted for hubby also. The oil and gas is a long story.....so we both ride fairly cheap!!!

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
My wife doesn't sled but I really think this is a life style/relationship question. Who pays for groceries, who pays the rent/mortgage, the phone bill, the electric bill, the tab for a night on the town? Paying for sleds, sledding is just another of the same set of questions. Every person is different and every relationship is different.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
My wife pays for everything......she does't even sled!

Love ya honey!

Were are married so there is no hers and mine. And lucky me cause I am a stay at home Dad. I couldn't imagine if my wife decided to have separate accounts.

I guess it takes a special kind of control freak and a complete lack of trust in your partner to keep money separate?

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

Love ya honey!

Were are married so there is no hers and mine. And lucky me cause I am a stay at home Dad. I couldn't imagine if my wife decided to have separate accounts.

I guess it takes a special kind of control freak and a complete lack of trust in your partner to keep money separate?

Hey that's what I was going to say.

But change wife to hub. :face-icon-small-win Oh and we both sled.

But I will add if we had to hire someone to do everything I do by staying home we wouldn't be able to afford sledding. :face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
I think some of you are reading more into this than there is.

We both are self employed. The "joint" account has my name and hers on it.
but i mainly use it nad put funds into it.
her business account\personal acct is mainly for her to play with. We already have the housedhold stuff all worked out. WE have been together since 1996. I was just curious if the ladys are taking care of there machines or if the hubby was taking care of them. either way it is all good.

tim

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I buy my own toys, fuel, and parts, and do my own maintenence. I have my tools on my side of the shop, and he has his. We're living together, but not married... Happily unmarried??? :face-icon-small-con

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
I was just curious if the ladys are taking care of there machines or if the hubby was taking care of them. either way it is all good.

tim

I see what your saying. I don't maintain my sled. If I had to I would, but I really don't have garage time. We have two young kids that come to me for everything. Good thing my hub likes to do all that stuff. Works for me. :face-icon-small-hap

S

sledneckchix

Dec 28, 2010
I'm with girlpowder on this one...would love to hang in the shop and "tinker" more, but have 2 young boys that like to "help" This summer I tried to change the yolk on the rear end of my quad and my 3 year old, helping mommy, took all the bolts and stuck them into the pipe, the bumper of my truck and other places I still haven't found. As for the $$$$...when it is going for something you are both passionate about it doesn't seem to matter..in our house anyhoo

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Abby & I use a system that I think I got from catwoman (I think) a couple years ago. We take turns getting a new sled, this was the first year that I wasn't going to get to take my turn... but then a slide helped with that! I make a bit more than her, but all the money is joint, so we're paying for them together. (the 18k that's about to go to cutler this week comes out of that account!)

She helps with anything she can, but neither of us are supermechanics, so we do what we can & get the rest done by people who won't F it up.

Put it this way though... there's never a day where I come home & she's working on the sleds... no gonna happen, but she won't say no to helping (IE: listening to me bitch) either!

We're gonna be tearing apart my 09 together on sat, should be fun taking it apart together, it lets her see everything without any consequences.

Modmxz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lyle, Washington
teamhighmark.acnrep.com
Same here,

Wife doesn't sled. I quit teaching when #2 son was born so she brings in most of the $$. Pound nails a little here and there and currently building our own place so she is the bomb. And she hates sledding but lets me. :)

Love ya honey!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I pay for my stuff and maintain my stuff. D pays for and maintains his stuff. Sometimes I get a little behind with stuff piling up on my plate and D will help me out with shop time. I have a feeling even if we're together forever we will keep seperate accounts this way as I'm SUPER tight with my money and don't think it should be frittered away on toys -but I don't want to impose this on D so as long as he can pay the joint bills he can do whatever he chooses with him money and I will do as I choose!

this just works for US, not saying it would work for everyone! I def see how it works with other people to have certain roles they fill... I tihnk the most important part to making it work is to HAVE those roles and make sure they are understood on both parts. -and that the responsibilities are fairly equally split up and that both parties feel that is true. My brother and his wife have VERY traditional roles and I couldn't imagine living like that! I asked D to help in the kitchen while we were on vacation with my brother and my brother thought that was ridiculous... I pointed out the fact that I'm out in the shop working on my sled right along with D so I expect him to help in the kitchen too! But what my brother and his wife have totally works too cause they KNOW what their rolls are and they don't have to discuss it or argue over it...

The thought of joint accounts scares the living poo outta me but D and I have only been together for two years and I have some baggage where joint accounts are concerned!! So we'll see what ever happens there WAY down the line! hahahhahah

Premium Features