• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who is running wather.meth injection,speedwerx turbo pipe and boyssen turbo reeds?

M
Dec 30, 2007
anyone running water/meth injection,speedwerx turbo pipe and boyssen turbo reeds?

hey all,

am running at 1500-2500ft @ 10psi....twisted race gas kit
75% 112 race fuel and 25% 91 pump on 10 psi...no deto

thinking of making some mods on my 09 m8T this summer..and replace my worn stacked TDR reeds...

ideal setup would be a solid running sled running on 91 pump, but that may be a unobtanable goal since the sled at low psi wasnt that fun...

9 to 10 psi and it came alive...

am thinking a mid pack setup would be best for reliability and just enough power...and a mix of 50/50 112/91 should have enough octane to run at least 10psi after the water/meth injection and turbo pipe...

just looking for some feedback before i make the plunge...

who makes a good water/meth kit for the cats?
anyone try the boyssen reeds? worth the coin over stock m1000 reeds stacked?

thanks again, you guys are amazing!

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
I know a guy who bought the turbo pipe and it did absolute squat. Back and fourth with Speedworks and tried all kinds of different stuff, nothin. Don't waste your money. If I remember correctly it advertises 20 HP gain from the pipe but honestly, how is a pipe going to give 20 HP....there is a sucker born every minute I guess. Have you tried AV 100LL? If you split the difference of your 50/50 mix you around the 100 mark and there are guys on here running that fuel at around that elevationI believe. You should try a search about av gas and see what it turns up. Hope this helps.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Right now water/meth is not a viable option for the M8. The water/meth is usually injected into the intercooler or charge tube and then pulled through the motor. The problem here is that your main bearing and crank bearings are subject to this mix. Not a problem on a 4 stroke, but the 2 strokes dont like it.

M
Dec 30, 2007
makes sense about the meth injection, but wouldnt most of it burn off>?
but like you say there still will be traces getting down to the bottom end...

yeah i hear zero reviews about the turbo pipe, but still may try it out...

mynewuseddoo, i live in eastern canada and our airports distributer of 100ll will not sell to the public...have tried...it makes no sense....

so i had to buy a drum of 112 race fuel and mix

guess my only option on the m8 is to go low compression heads, and run 6lbs on 91 pump @1500-2500ft

but with the low compression heads will i lose alot of bottom end?

but to get the performance i am after i guess i will have to stay with my current setup on 50/50....

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
makes sense about the meth injection, but wouldnt most of it burn off>?
but like you say there still will be traces getting down to the bottom end...

yeah i hear zero reviews about the turbo pipe, but still may try it out...

mynewuseddoo, i live in eastern canada and our airports distributer of 100ll will not sell to the public...have tried...it makes no sense....

so i had to buy a drum of 112 race fuel and mix

guess my only option on the m8 is to go low compression heads, and run 6lbs on 91 pump @1500-2500ft

but with the low compression heads will i lose alot of bottom end?

but to get the performance i am after i guess i will have to stay with my current setup on 50/50....

at that low of an elevation you won't notice the loss of bottom end power from a low compression head. at 10000ft it is noticable, but that is no suprise. you feel a power loss in everything at that elevation. I would stay away from the water meth on a 2 smoker as well. also try running a single set of M1000 reeds, at 6 lbs they should last a season no problem.

M
Dec 30, 2007
well if i go with a low comp head i can run 91 when i want and turn up the boost when needed...thats a pretty big plus...

gonna contact spoon and see what he thinks on the matter...most people say pump gas m8 at low elevation is not possible...

still up in the air about the reeds, boyssens or m1000 or TDR;s...either single, cut stacked or full stacked? am gonna be running max 10psi i would think...

Daltech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
North Norway
First, there are som pumpgas setups running sea level over here, and these seems to hold up great. One I`ve tried was running 6 psi.
6 psi is better then stock.

But why not try mixing whit ethanol instead of racefuel. You`ll be able to run higher boost levels, and it`s cheap. 60-40 mix whit ethanol, and you should still be able to have the oil lubricant your engine.

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
First, there are som pumpgas setups running sea level over here, and these seems to hold up great. One I`ve tried was running 6 psi.
6 psi is better then stock.

But why not try mixing whit ethanol instead of racefuel. You`ll be able to run higher boost levels, and it`s cheap. 60-40 mix whit ethanol, and you should still be able to have the oil lubricant your engine.
What Cr ratio on the sled? How many injectors? AF numbers?
My sled is out of fuel at 6,5psi..

O

ondast

Jan 31, 2008
North of Sweden
www.pixbox.se
I'm not running a Twisted kit but a CPC race kit at sea level And I,m running 10psi with 40-50% racefuel (110 MON octane) with no problem. I have a low compression head.
I know one guy over here that is running a Push pump kit at 0.5bar(7psi) on pumpfuel with no problem. My friend was/is running a BD pump kit at the same boost on pumpfuel but he blow his engine a week ago, not due to deto but he was running to lean, just stock injektors. But the sled was running good when it was alive..

J
Jan 9, 2009
North of Norway
I'm not running a Twisted kit but a CPC race kit at sea level And I,m running 10psi with 40-50% racefuel (110 MON octane) with no problem. I have a low compression head.
I know one guy over here that is running a Push pump kit at 0.5bar(7psi) on pumpfuel with no problem. My friend was/is running a BD pump kit at the same boost on pumpfuel but he blow his engine a week ago, not due to deto but he was running to lean, just stock injektors. But the sled was running good when it was alive..
I pressume he has 4 injectors on the push kit? I have the PG kit from BD, going to upgrade to race spec with 4 injectors now, but first we will try m1000 injectors...

M
Dec 30, 2007
thanks for all the posts guys, guess i am gonna have to be the guiny pig on the turbo pipe...and am pretty sure i am going to go with TDR reeds again....the boyssen's are crazy expensive...and i think little to no gain...

sorry to hear about your buddys sled ondast....afr gauge is a must on these turbo's...way cheaper than a engine!

Premium Features