• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ok, since none of the other guys have the guts to post this here BUT ...

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
J
Dude, ya gotta listen to this guy!... he's right on the $$$ :D

On a side note.... I think the REAL question here should be: How do us crazy Sled lovin', dirt riding, MUD bathin' cuties manage NOT to intimidate (err... scare off) the boys that like these very things?!? :p haha

EXACTLY my question!!! hahaha it seems like boys would like to find a woman this RAD but when they do their ego gets bruised or something.. then they look for the little shop-a-holic city girl. boooo their loss

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
This is so true. The last 3 girlfriends i've had hated sledding. They sort of tried to like it but didnt. Needless to say, things didnt work out. Hey they dont like it thats fine, but i'm not going to give up probalby the main reason i work my *** off so i can have the time of my life come snow season.

This gal i have now seems to like sleds. :beer; This season will either make us or break us:D

06 RMK 900

Oct 20, 2008
Mandan, North Dakota
I'm the same way can't seem to find a girl around here that like to do motor sports like I do. I had to choose one time between going on a trip or not having a gf anymore. Wow the snow was awesome that weekend. Wish I could find someone that I can take sledding with but don't think there are to many girls in ND that care for sledding.

H
Jun 25, 2009
Eagle River, AK
I'm the same way can't seem to find a girl around here that like to do motor sports like I do. I had to choose one time between going on a trip or not having a gf anymore. Wow the snow was awesome that weekend. Wish I could find someone that I can take sledding with but don't think there are to many girls in ND that care for sledding.

LOL! I totally agree. My ex's last two girlfriends (since me) have been little prissy freaks, too scared to get their hands dirty. It's almost amusing... He still calls me to talk Riding! haha :D:beer;

EXACTLY my question!!! hahaha it seems like boys would like to find a woman this RAD but when they do their ego gets bruised or something.. then they look for the little shop-a-holic city girl. boooo their loss

Hahaha! That's freaking awesome!! Ya prob did the right thing. :p What's the point in having a boyfriend/girlfriend, if they won't let you enjoy the things you LOVE to do... even more so, if they aren't willing to share them with you.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
I'd be pretty stoked to find a chick that could out-ride me honestly ...

Since I own a 900 RMK all she'd have to have is a running sled even! :D

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
On a side note.... I think the REAL question here should be: How do us crazy Sled lovin', dirt riding, MUD bathin' cuties manage NOT to intimidate (err... scare off) the boys that like these very things?!? haha
Shoot.... I guess I've been wrong all this time....

Always thought maybe it's intimidating when WE (the girls) flip **** with the best of them, and when WE have to give the guys pointers. :D:beer; Hehe

I dont think many men get intimidated, I think they get "respectful" (and maybe a little humbled at the same time depending on the situation). I also think the typical male sledder is probably used to the occasional female sledder being able to out ride or at least hang with them - there are quite a few women out there busting sick lines through the backcountry these days! Guys seem stoked to take pointers from a lady anyways - I think it might be easier to ask a female than say your buddy or another male, you know how guys like to give one another crap over everything! LOL :D

I will say though that I have known one or two men that have had their egos totally shot down b/c they were outdone by a chic but then again, those are usually the type of riders where there are at least 100 other males who could have outdone them 10 fold anyways, their buddies just werent good enough riders yet to be competive. :p

Back to finding women who ride - I think you have a good chance of getting a gal into sledding if she has already been involved in the world of motorsports. But then, in Cntrvl Sledder's case, maybe she just needs better gear and a better sled? Those two things will make or break a deal, she not only needs to be on the more agile, lightweight sled that is not under or over powered but she needs gear that keeps her dry and makes it easy to move and hang onto and stay on her sled. Along with being introduced to terrain and conditions that is easier to learn in. But there are women who will never get into it as I've known a few like that too.

Last edited:

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
there are quite a few women out there busting sick lines through the backcountry these days!

They're all married already though ..... :eek:

ack to finding women who ride - I think you have a good chance of getting a gal into sledding if has already been involved in the wourld of motorsports. But then, in Cntrvl Sledder's case, maybe she just needs better gear and a better sled? Those two things will make or break a deal, she not only needs to be on the more agile, lightweight sled that is not under or over powered but she needs gear that keeps her dry and makes it easy to move and hang onto and stay on her sled. Along with being introduced to terrain and conditions that is easier to learn in. But there are women who will never get into it as I've known a few like that too.

So in other words, don't put her on my 900 RMK then take her out, get her stranded, have to tow it back, etc? LOL ....

HAhahahahahahaha......

M
Nov 26, 2007
Cranbrook B.C.
You know one thing that I do every now and then could help with getting a girl interested in sledding. What I do with my wife sometimes is leave her sled at home and put her in front of me holding on to the handle bars while I stand behind her.

your knees are by her shoulders and having a grip on the bars they almost can't fall off and it makes the girl feel a little safer that way. plus now you can take her out and show her what sledding is all about. she doesn't have to worry about getting stuck or what to do and can focus on the whole experience.

I have had lots of her friends come out for a ride and they all talk about how much fun they had, and ask when they could come again. and on the plus side you now just came up with a date that you planned and prepared everything for. just make sure you pack hot drinks and KEEP HER WARM.

Oh and you mite want to find something a little more reliable than the 900.

Last edited:

PowderCrew

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
in the shadow of the Rubies, Nevada
Way to go "DOG"!;) I've had the same thing rolling around in my head (where the thoughts of riding TOMORROW usually are!):( I dont know about everyone else... but I can go out and scare-the-hell outta myself with guys any day. Whats missing is a ride witha gal, experienced or not... seeing her excited at achieving at something new... or embarrassing all the "hotshot cavemen" on the mountain! And instead of hitting the dive for a bunch of beer afterwards... having a quite dinner at one of those small mountain resorts in the Sierras... Idaho... Utah... Elko county...

G

GarlandM8

Dec 1, 2007
Blanchard, ID
Definetly find a girl that likes the outdoors, etc.... Get her good gear and sled, and spend time with her. Not sure on the best place to find them (if I knew I wouldn't have an ex)... find a local club or association and who knows?

My fiance had never been and now has the bug. Teach them but don't over nitpick... take rides together and do stuff like take pictures together, stop and make a snowman, have a picnic, etc...... Make it fun and the riding level will increase as time goes on. Nothing better than having her as a riding partner (and she likes it, not just putting up with it) and she doesn't mind the few "going with the boys" rides.

Good luck..... maybe a SnoWest singles thread as an idea?????

New Years 2009 014.jpg Jan Sherman 021.jpg Jan Sherman 009.jpg

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Just a few thoughts from a previously single snowmobiling gal. ;)

I have to say for the most part the guys I met while sledding really didn't interest me. Something about snowmobiling brings out the I'm-just-too-cool thing in guys. Brapping the throttle, screaming by me at mach 1, and generally just blatantly showing off is more irritating then anything. :rolleyes:

Met my guy through a snowest forum ride, (see there was at least one single girl on a ride) did I impress him with my rad skills on the old mountain max? Probably not, but I'm glad he didn't let that bother him. :eek:

I wish I knew why there aren't more girls that enjoy riding or even just being outdoors, feel bad for you guys struggling to find somebody that enjoys the same things.

Last edited:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Wow. This thread makes me realize how lucky I am to have found my wife!!

She didn't sled when we met, but she climbed, snowboarded, mtn biked, kayaked, and was a full contact fighter. She's become a sled addict just like me, we have a blast together!(I'm keeping her around for a while, she's pretty cool)

The biggest thing I've got to say is find a gal that does active, abusive sports WITHOUT a guy forcing her to do them. If she does that stuff just cause you want her to, she'll be the first one to find excuses to not go & to keep you home as well. I love hearing my wife's comments about those kind of gals!

The biggest problem I have is trying to buy myself a sled that's as fast as my wife's sled!!! Once you create an addict, it's a slippery slope!!

swtsunshine

Premium Member
Jan 20, 2008
West Bountiful
Wow. This thread makes me realize how lucky I am to have found my wife!!

She didn't sled when we met, but she climbed, snowboarded, mtn biked, kayaked, and was a full contact fighter. She's become a sled addict just like me, we have a blast together!(I'm keeping her around for a while, she's pretty cool)

The biggest thing I've got to say is find a gal that does active, abusive sports WITHOUT a guy forcing her to do them. If she does that stuff just cause you want her to, she'll be the first one to find excuses to not go & to keep you home as well. I love hearing my wife's comments about those kind of gals!

The biggest problem I have is trying to buy myself a sled that's as fast as my wife's sled!!! Once you create an addict, it's a slippery slope!!
That sounds like something my husband would say. My car's faster, my Harley's faster and the verdict is still out on the sleds. There is nothing like having your spouse/significant other, be the one that you have the most fun with.
Some girls are naturals, some are willing to try and some are just born prissy. (just my opinion):)
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

T
Feb 25, 2008
Ronald, WA
Great Post!!!

Great question!!!
There has been some awesome answers on here too. :present:

We never know what life will bring us. In a perfect world, it would be great to find a gal who rides. Otherwise, when you find that special lady, teach her how to ride. Be patient....forgiving. There has been a couple threads on here about women learning how to sled. Read em!! Learning for me has been a rough road. A couple of instructional days would have been extremely helpful.
Good Luck!!! :rose:

btw-best advice I got....get your a$$ off the seat!!! ;)

Premium Features