• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Waterproof tunnel bag?

C
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, AB
That does seem like a good option. I can't afford over $200 for a tunnel bag. I am highly considering just strapping an extra backpack to the tunnel. Might not be perfect, but it's cheap :D

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
I am wondering how to strap down a tunnel bag if I have a gas rack already on my sled. I have a IQR with a Van Amburg tunnel- 150in track...Where would you ladies recommend adding some storage????:confused:

U
Dec 20, 2005
Boise, Idaho
So those are completely waterproof? That might be an option right now. I'm on a tight budget.

Yep, used for river running. My polaris underseat bag works fine, but as the snow melts on the tunnel it soaks every thing in there. I have yet to figure out to hook it on, but that shouldn't be a problem. I am sure you might find one in you area, check out some river supply shops. If not make a road trip to Boise...

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I am still using the same bag I bought with my 01 Mt cat its been a good bag its a cat bag the bag is waterproof and keeps your stuff protected and dry, and secure we always go and stay up at the cabin so needed bags to pack just like suit cases I bought this for around $99 and used it every year its been a great bag.. :eek:

Dec 30, 2008
Ramsey, MN
I'm also in the market for a tunnel bag. I've been looking at the Polaris bags that have the shovel compartment. Does the skinz bag have a spot for the shovel and handle on it??? I'm lookin for one that will carry a shovel on the sled that is easy to get to.:)

For the Polaris brand bag beware - you need to put a bungie over the end of your shovel handle... we lost one last year as it didn't fasten to the head of the shovel, on groomed trail at a fast rate of speed... it came out of the bag, never to be seen again - $25 handle replacement cost + shipping

Cowgirl151

Premium Member
Jul 21, 2005
Soda Springs, Idaho
For the Polaris brand bag beware - you need to put a bungie over the end of your shovel handle... we lost one last year as it didn't fasten to the head of the shovel, on groomed trail at a fast rate of speed... it came out of the bag, never to be seen again - $25 handle replacement cost + shipping

Good to know thanks!! I got the Skinz Powderpak today and I think I'm really gonna like it!!!!!! Looks like it's gonna be able to take a lot of weight off my back and will is waterproof!!!:D

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Does anyone have the TNA gear tunnel bag? It's a nice price, but it doesn't say if it's even waterproof.

M

mtnjunkie

Mar 2, 2008
Melissa- Is the powderpak just one layer on the bottom? Is there any padding or anything on the bottom? I've been thinking about it cause my drinks always get warm from sitting on the heat exchanger, plus cans sometimes explode and seem to be better in a padded bag. I'm just still trying to figure out which one will be better for me, without spending a ton.

T
Dec 2, 2007
Coeur d' Alene ID
Tunnel bag

I have tryed many bags etc... and what I have come down to is putting my pack in a dry bag (like you use for rafting) and using a net bungee to hold it down, hubby drilled 2 small holes in the side of tunnel down by rail for the bungee hooks. On top of dry pack is my rattler and shovel, easy access all the time.

T
Dec 2, 2007
Coeur d' Alene ID
I will see what I can find and send to you, the net bungee is from snowbungee they run about 7 dollars and the drysack is from the local outdoor store approx 10 dollars. Hubby drilling holes free :eek:

E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
I bought one of Skidoo's tunnel bags (DON'T) and I hit a jump on my first ride out and it ripped the two rear straps off the bag. I repaired by riveting them back into the bag and now I, too, use a mini bungee-net to hold the bag down along with the straps. I bought my bungee-net at Fred Meyers in their automotive section- they call it a motorcycle cargo net. It was cheap and it works GREAT. The Skidoo bag, not so much- it really ticked me off that I paid over $100 for a bag that falls apart on my first ride. My next bag will probably be a kayaking dry bag made to strap to the deck of the kayak. A friend of mine uses one of those and it works great.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The title of this thread is "waterproof" ???

Make sure that it is waterproof... The only one that I know of that is made for sleds specifically is the SPG waterproof bag.

With the new integral heat exchanger of the XP's and IQ's... the heat of the exchanger creates a constant pool of water under the bag... it needs to be truly waterproof and not water resistant.

The sled solutions bag looks great... and for what you are getting... a decent price as well... I'd mount it backwards compared to the Pics above... and leave the handle in the shovel for a quick draw feature. My concern would be abrasion resistance to the constant out/in/out action of the shovel in use.

Paul says 99% waterproof on his bag... I've seen his caryall bags... high quality.

captain x

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
lewiston, idaho
for tunnel strips/bungee attachments....try going to a tarp/top shop....i found some nice upholstry loops that were cheap and riveted on the tunnel.....looked nice

F

flatfoot

Dec 2, 2007
Molt, MT
Might give this a try, we've had great feedback from our buyers. Its guaranteed 100% waterproof and should last a lifetime. Can make them fit just about any configuration.

http://www.adrenalinepsa.com

This is my second season with the Adrenaline setup. Works awesome! Has a money bag type bag that velcros inside the lid to keep tools contained. Completely water proof. Spend the extra dollars for the shovel pouch that straps to the top, makes it real easy to carry an extra shovel. I also went to the local upholstery shop and picked up some high density foam scraps and carved out pockets for holding cameras.

Premium Features