• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wants and Needs???

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
What are your wants and needs? I want new boots and I need new boots. But what to buy, what to buy????

Klim or HMK?

I was going to go for Klim Adrenaline and now I'm wanting these....

HMKxxWV-2.jpg

http://www.dirtbike-superstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HMKxxWV&click=2

Last edited:
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Wow! Looks like HMK might have finally made a quality boot for women! They look like Klim's Adrenilin - both my husband and I are wearing the Klim Adreniline's and we are both really happy with them! And we both have not had good luck with HMK boots and we wore several differant models over several years before we went to the Adrenilins last season. We always got wet in our HMK's (although not necesarily cold but wouldnt want to spend a night out in the cold with wet feet) and they wore out fast and/or parts broke (so not real durable). But hopefully it's a different story from now on. HMK makes a lot of nice looking stuff!

R
Hey GP, glad you told me about the powder room.
Marci had a pair of HMK last year and every time she rode her feet got wet.
She traded them twice and I think she gave up on them, not sure what she has now. So I would say don't waste your time with HMK. Marc really likes his Klim boots.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
My HMK's that I got last year had leaking issues. They are the back up now. My feet still stayed warm but it was hard to get them dry for the back to back ride. Warm boot, just not waterproof. It looks like they are trying to change that. :rolleyes:

Oh and hey Stacie.... I see you got my text.:face-icon-small-hap Yee Haw!!! You better start posting more here in this section. And tell Marci!!!!

Girls ROCK!!!!!!!!!!

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
WANTS? helmet cam, new helmet (got that today - tx Foxy!)

NEEDS? some mid-layer gear....

btw..... I am a TOTAL HMK boot fan.... I didn't make it through the season last year (sled ate the boots), no HMKs at my local shop, bought Klims, and hated them.... got a new pair of HMK Boas, this summer Klims are for sale.

I will say, with my HMKs, the liners can be wet when I start the day (LONG story) but my feet stay warm. yes - there are times my feet are wet at the end of the day, but it's inferior socks - but never once have my feet been cold in HMKs. And there are two ocassions when I'm convinced I would have had broken ankle (or big damage) had I not had my HMKs on.... just my .02

I
Mar 26, 2008
Proctor MN
I have the Rocky 1500 gram thinsolate...I love them. I have never had wet or cold feet. They are very good at wicking away the moisture when my feet sweat. High quality as I have been wearing them for 4 years and nothing wrong yet. My husband wears the same boots he has had zero trouble as well. Just my .02. I was looking at possibly trying the Klim boots in the future, but with my Rocky's wearing so well, it will probably be a long time before that happens.

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
Hmmm.. Wants is a long long list! lol

Needs is a much shorter one. I honestly don't think I need anything more than Snacker Packers and shocks for this year.

I want a new helmet. New jacket. New BCA Float airbag (kind of a need?). A new 860 kit for Naomi. New camera (this might be a need too). Drop and roll kit. Challenger Extreme track.

I have worn HMK boots for 7 years now. They are the only ones I've found that don't hurt my wide feet. I've not once been cold in them, even when standing in a creek and water running into my boot, then having to ride for a few more hours like this. My feet are wet more than not, 90% of the time I'm pretty sure it's sweat & I've purchased the lightest/ thinnest sock made for winter recreation. The other 10% I sometimes wonder if it's because of lacing, improper gator connection.... or this year, to short of pants! lol The thought of spending the night with my wet feet (whether it is from sweat or not no longer matters at this point) is scary. But, I can't ride all day in any other boot, it hurts. :( Plus, man, not having to deal with laces ROCKS! lol

S

Stephy

Jan 11, 2008
Well I agree...wants and needs..hmmmmm long long list !

Wants:
helmet cam
new camera
to stay in REVY and not have to come back to Alberta at all this winter..lol !
An amazing gas rack from a great friend...hi buddy !
someone to polish my tunnel...please please please !
and EPIC POW !!!!:p
ohhhhh the list could go on and on..

Needs, I'm like B...I really don't NEED anything but I'm sure I will use that line once or twice this season..." but I NEED it !"

Boots, well I have been with HMK since day one..and nope..I've never honestly had a wet foot, well wait, I did have to stand in a creek for a long time once and although I didn't feel wet, I had the toe wrinkles when I took my sock off...;) but I have just always had amazing luck with the product and LOVE LOVE LOVE the ankle support !

C

CoyoteGirl

Nov 26, 2007
Washington
www.brandyfloyd.com
I have a need, just thought of it!

A need to kick this pink habit! I NEEEEED to find a new color. Serious! Is there a 12 step program I can do? I'm over it! I've been wearing it for 3 seasons and it has eeked it's way into EVERYTHING! :eek: I have a pink muffpot for christsssssssssssakes! :eek:

Man my closet and gear room will be empty if I actually do this.... lol

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
Most of my stuff is already in order for the year, just need to pick up a new tether, rig up a bolt on a side panel, and then just wait for the deep stuff.

Wants
2010 cat seat- have it already :)
arctic cat snow mesh vent covers
klim windproof balaclava
a set of cat stickers- just need to finish putting them on

Needs
New tether
Helmet- got in on the sweet 509 deal so just waiting for it to show up. :D

I have hmks, the only time my feet get wet are when they get sweaty but it doesn't happen all that often so it doesn't bug me.

F

foxyrmk

Nov 26, 2007
Milton-Freewater, Oregon
myspace
My wants and Needs are a bit different this year! My wants are boots, new graphic for my sled, and a taller riser.

Now my needs are to get that helmet cam working, more pictures taken of ME and not the BF, more hill climbing and jumping. OHHHH and sell more snackerpackers!:face-icon-small-hap

C

Colorado4fun

Mar 26, 2004
Layton, UT
Well I better stick with the needs. I need a new helmet and goggles. Will see what I can do about that at the Snow Show.

Now there are always things that I find at the Snow Show that end up being NEEDS. :eek: So that list could and probably will grow. :D

T

S

Soccerd6

Nov 21, 2007
Marysville, WA
How could I forget?

I neglected to add to the need list :eek: : a pipe

ordered it this afternoon....

steve-o got his a coupla weeks ago - I can't be outdone by the hubby!

(course, his comment was, "Karen- I got a pipe so I could keep up with you!!!")

S
Feb 25, 2009
Prince George, B.C.
Hmmmmm.....I have a very long list of wants!! They couldn't fit in this forum!! lol.....

I have a few needs however that MUST be fulfilled this winter......

1) More HP for the '08 M6....I have a 700 topend in the works right now just need to finalize the deal and bolt her on!! Will give me about 20 more ponies!!

2) Boondocker fuel controller, to by-pass the useless M6 computer once the 700 bolts on.

3) A lightweight muffler. SLP or Speedwerx

4) A 3" or 4" riser.

5) 2 wheel kit in billet

Some needs that will probably turn into wants......

1) Powerclaw track

2) BDX bumper kit or Van Amburg tunnel kit

3) 2010 shorty seat....NO FAIR!! My hubby just got one for his!!

4) custom graphics......sled's totally black right now except a few hints of green......

I guess I could go on and on......but I did get my Klim Freeride pants last season, a new ladies AC snopro jacket, Ultimate boots, beacon, probe, shovel, AC pack, and new leather gloves!!:)

The biggest need and want of all is lots of POW!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features