• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old School Wedge

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Todays pics. The ET770 is out and sitting on the bench. Great little engine, never once ran less than perfect, but it's time for something else. Love my '98 wedge, it's a keeper.

DSCN0897[1].jpg DSCN0895[1].jpg

O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
Looks Like some Billit aluminum UBR cyl's to me, the wedge might be getting some more HP? :face-icon-small-sho

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
What a day, one step up, 2 steps back. :face-icon-small-con Doing the dirty work, hooking up an oil pump, running lines, installing oil nipples, changing out the fuel pump, running lines. Oil bottle, coolant bottle in and out to many times, anti freeze everywhere, GRRRRR, I really hate antifreeze. New VF reeds, new rewind rope, I'm actually almost out of 4Z's rope and I bought the family pack the last time. Had the fng thing apart so many times now I've actually stripped out some bolts on the rewind and had to helicoil them. I can go on but I'm feeling better now, just had to vent a little. :face-icon-small-blu I think I'm going to throw the 770 into the gen2 I've got in the shop, I find myself without any loaner sleds and that's just not me. Maybe tomorrow will go a little smoother.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
OK the engine is in the chassis, wired, coolant lines figured out and run. Torque links are in. Carbs, airbox, etc. all done, now I'm down to the pipes and this is going to be a challenge. Talked to Kurt today at fastrax and the guy was really nice to deal with, he was able to decipher my ignorance and figure out what I needed and shipped it all the same day. Definitely will be dealing with him again in the future. So I guess it's time to learn how to custom fit pipes, I will be riding this thing this season, pics to follow.

O

oscar680

Jan 29, 2010
Alberta
X2 with the guys at fastrax being great to deal with, I've sent a lot of my junk down there to be worked on,

How bout some more progress pics Jay? :face-icon-small-hap

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Trying to make pipes now, this is going to be a challenge, I've never built a set of custom pipes before. If you have ever wondered if you have 28mm stingers or 33mm stingers you probably have the 28mm ones, cause when you see the 33mm ones you say "holy crap" those things are huge. :face-icon-small-sho Here's a few more pics, the stingers and cups showed up today. The last one is my kid doing a "selfie" when she was out the other day.

DSCN0931.jpg DSCN0929.jpg DSCN0930.jpg DSCN0747.jpg

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Surprised to see this come up, I've actually been working on it again just recently. I finished the install, built the pipes and had it running a few times but still haven't ridden it yet. I'm trying to fit an old fiberglass trail hood on it because I didn't want to cut up the '98 hood to fit the pipes, just had a few older hoods around that I don't care about and don't know that the UB 900 will stay in this chassis forever. Actually would like to find a newer pro and put in that. That would be a fun sled. I'm trying to make the old hood snowtight right now and when I do then it's time to do some riding. I'll try to get up some newer pics but I don't have internet access at home anymore so I have to use the computer at my wifes work in town

Premium Features