• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bog issue while starting off

S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Has the engine ever been rebuilt? Is it harder to start than it was in the past before this bog surfaced? With that many miles it is likely that there is a piston skirt broken causing the bog, but this would also make it dificult to start. Pop the carbs off and look in through the intake boots and see if the piston is still completely in tact.

Yes. It has 1700 miles on it since the rebuild. Starts the same as it always has. I haven't had time to drive it since I adjusted the choke so I will eliminate the easy stuff first, choke, carbs......
Thanks for the replies guys. been busy as hell with the christmas season but when i get a chance to try the things mentioned, i will report back.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2010
Saskatchewan, Canada
Finally had a chance to drive the sled. It still has a small bog but it is alot better than it was. Probably just it being a 91 400. No idea what it was because I did several things to it before driving it
New issue though, or more accurate, a reoccuring issue. When I rebuilt the engine 1700 miles ago I had a hell of a time with antifreeze leaking from the head gasket. I replaced the head gasket a couple times and it finally quit leaking, until now!!!. Been about 1500 leak free miles. The engine has never been over heated so i don't think the head would be warped. I have retorqued the head bolts, even after the engine was warm and it is still leaking. I never used any sealant on the head gasket when I installed them. I have the three bond sealant that I used to seal the lower cases. Would it be a good idea to use this on each side of the head gasket also. This sled is going to be the death of me!!!

Premium Features