• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Workouts/Routine's to stay in shape

Jan 21, 2008
I thinkin that this thread and the "whats your choice of beer" thread need to be directly connected because they are directly connected. But as a girl that turns 50 in 16 days - i'm glad i can drink a bunch of beer & then go work out a bunch! life is good :beer;:)

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
I thinkin that this thread and the "whats your choice of beer" thread need to be directly connected because they are directly connected. But as a girl that turns 50 in 16 days - i'm glad i can drink a bunch of beer & then go work out a bunch! life is good :beer;:)

I'm right there with yeah!!!!!!:face-icon-small-hap

A

aksnomachinechic

Nov 11, 2006
Gr8st Plce; ALASKA!
www.facebook.com

Haha!! too funny!! :D Good point!

:musicnote:Happy early birthday!!:musicnote: :)

Cheers!! :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread or not (havent had a chance to go through the whole thread) but I really, really like P90x! I'm not really following the program as it's advertised which means following a schedule of workworks for a 90 period b/c I ride 2 days a week which is a hard work out by itself! My goal is to workout or ride 5 - 6 days a week. I typically ride 2 days week and then workout 3-4days a week. I love popping in a P90X dvd for my at home works b/c it is real-world exercise - meaning, all the exercises I do in this program, enhance my riding stamina, coordination and ability. And with increased physical ability, comes more confidence! I have had a real hard time getting into "working out" during the last 8 years but I am highly motivated with this program - I felt results immediatly and I love how it changes up. I also really like Tony Hoton - he's a great motivator! Even my husband likes him and will do the work outs with me.

I also LOVE the recovery drink! I swear, that makes the work out worth it by itself! LOL I dont know if I'd bother getting resistance bands if you have dumb bells of all weights but you do need a chin up bar - their chin bar is really nice!

Also, the nutrition guide that comes with it is great! Many, many fantastic recipes and a great calorie intake guide and plan to help you achieve your goals. I actually found that I get too full if I totally follow their guide for calorie intake based on my weight. But because I eat pretty healthy as it is and I'm not looking to get to 5% body fat, I dont follow their plan - I just mainly use it as a over all nutirional guide incorporated into my family meal making. I'm going with lean program BTW because I dont need to bulk up. There are 3 programs within the 90 day program to choose from - you choose what suites your desired goals.

So google P90x if your interested. It's a challenging program for any athlete! I love it!

Last edited:
P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
I want to add to this now that I've been out riding a few times... I really think this program program has helped my riding ability, A LOT! I've actually only been doing about two workouts a week - focusing on core to lower body b/c I'm already pretty strong in the upper. But what I've noticed this season is that I feel a lot more coordinated, in control and stronger along with less prone to the prolonged soreness I used to often experience from riding. Even my husband has been commenting on how much stronger I have been riding and since the only thing that has changed between last season and this season is my working out to P90x a couple times a week, I'd have to attribute my ability gain to that. I really think it works all the right muscles and in the right combination. So I'm stoked! I've also been firming up a bit so that's nice a plus too.

Last edited:
D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
I've got to get back to my routine next week! After 5 days of whooping it up over New Years at Diamond Lake then coming home with a horrible chest/head cold (I am fortunate, my granddaughter came home with pneumonia) I can barely drag my self to work let alone the gym. I got on the scale this morning and 2 lbs have crept back on, I am starting to feel better though, I only coughed 1/2 the night, not the whole night!

D
Mar 24, 2008
Oregon
The plenty of fluids I've got covered :eek::eek::beer;(it's the weekend!), it's just the getting plenty of rest part that I struggle with. There is too much rain to ride so we are staying home this weekend but staying home for us means running up to the next biggest town to go to Costco then golf on Sunday. Somehow when 1:30 Friday came around, I started to perk up!

I hope you get to feeling better Diamond! Get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids to flush your system. Don't worry about those 2 lbs right now, just get healthy and then you can hit it!

Take care! :)

Tina

B

BackCountryBabe

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 10, 2009
Island Park, Idaho
www.hasended.com
Go Fight Win!

Gym, weights, core ball exercises, cross country skiing, cycling, rollerblading, gardening, mountain biking, walking the dog, mowing the lawn, riding the dirt bike... the list goes on and on.

And of course a good :beer; to round out the week

Premium Features