• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Indy 600 triples

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I've got a 95 XLT for the kids, it's been in the family for many years and one of the Uncle's used it as a main sled and kept up with us out in the Hills wherever we wanted to go. It's been the most reliable sled we've ever had, pull the rope and go and it's never been on "the hook". Only mods done to it is a clutch kit and DG Can and it's got over 5500 on the clock. Also has a 1.75" track and 136 Extra-10 skid. Been thinking of selling it and upgrading the kids to a Pro X, but...........????

F
Jan 7, 2010
I've got a 92 indy 650 tripple efi l have had from 93 and all l have ever had to do to it was replace 1 belt and the plugs and for a92 that won the Whitehourse to Dawson City run back when it was new that seems not to shaby to me

T

T-Bone

Nov 11, 2005
Shelby, MT
I'd look for a 93-94 vintage XLT. I ran one all stock for over 5000 miles. The only problem it's ever had was with a bad coil. Also, IMO I would stay away from a 650 polaris triple. Everyone I've ever been around has an unquenchable thirst for pistons.

I owned a 1996 XLT Special, it was a great sled, the problem with the late 95 to 1996 model was the PTO side crank, that being said, if there was a failure to the crank, it would happen within the first 1,000 miles, if no failure occured then the motor seemed to be fine. There is a fix to this, involving drilling of the oiling passage which was too small.

If you are looking for longevity and durability, do not use triple pipes in these engines....mine was a great sled and I sold it with 5,000 miles on the clock and it was still running great. The carbs were a little finicky, but once tuned and cleaned, it started within 5 pulls everytime. A little trick with these as well, is if you are going to stop anywhere for more than 15 minutes, is to shut the fuel line valve off, they like to leak the fuel in the line out into the crankcase, then starting i can be a problem with no primer. Some guys install primers on these sleds.

But it was a good sled for sure, and would be great second sled.

Premium Features