• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who cares about weight on paper!

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
So this post is stupid.

If all your buddies are riding turbo fours, you'd better too. If all your buddies are beating the bush with their two strokes , well you best not have the weight of the four. It's all in who you ride with. You can have fun in either, but it's not fun to watch your buddies do stuff you can't.

Owen

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
If all your buddies are riding turbo fours, you'd better too. If all your buddies are beating the bush with their two strokes , well you best not have the weight of the four. It's all in who you ride with. You can have fun in either, but it's not fun to watch your buddies do stuff you can't.

Owen

I ride with M11T's (250hp+) and m8t's on a stock power 8 and loved every minute of it. But I still agree for the average rider ;)

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
ive had them all
they al have pros and cons
i really enjoy the 11t
its a great all around sled
i love to
tree ride,
meadow bashing,
hill climbing (least favorite)

i love the 11t

if it was within 40lbs of a stock 2s no one would own a 2s..FACT!!!!!

once you have rode a 11t or boosted 4s in general,,,, the 2s smell and power is a thing of the past (IMO)

the 11t handles well

sidehills easier than any sled ive ever been on, ridiculous how easy

holds a line so well, maybe becasue of the weight, not sure

i just know i love it

i do wish it was about 40lbs lighter in the front end

if it was like i said

no one would own a stock 2s

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
ive had them all
they al have pros and cons
i really enjoy the 11t
its a great all around sled
i love to
tree ride,
meadow bashing,
hill climbing (least favorite)

i love the 11t

if it was within 40lbs of a stock 2s no one would own a 2s..FACT!!!!!

once you have rode a 11t or boosted 4s in general,,,, the 2s smell and power is a thing of the past (IMO)

the 11t handles well

sidehills easier than any sled ive ever been on, ridiculous how easy

holds a line so well, maybe becasue of the weight, not sure

i just know i love it

i do wish it was about 40lbs lighter in the front end

if it was like i said

no one would own a stock 2s

Justboostit said that the new Viper/7000 engine assembly alone is 28lbs lighter than the 1100 engine. The problem no stock turbo. But there are solutions to that and most will be available even before guys have the viper/7000 in their hands.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho

This is a sacrelige. If you don't like the smell of a two-stroke, you have gone too far...............

Last edited:
S
Nov 29, 2008
Falkland BC
weight? weight ? weight ? that's all I ever hear , A majority of you guys must have never rode any of the big triples , Some of us don't mind the weight of an 1100 4s so much ,because some of us have been riding heavy sleds for many years , that didn't handle well at all , so our riding style and inputs on a 4s isn't that much of a big deal , my first cat was a 700 Wildcat , followed by two 900 Thundercats, three 1000 Thundercats , two 1000 Mountain cats ,Then two Doo 1000 RT's (Cat quit making the triple) I've never rode anywhere but the mountains of BC, Idaho and Alaska , and ride every terrain the mountains offer, trees, alpine, creeks, I'm not getting any younger, my stamina and strength isn't what it used to be and I still love the 1100T and would never trade back to a 2smoke , I guess it's all in what you get used to !!

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
I've often thought about that very thing. Lots of us have been on heavy sleds our whole riding careers. 136 stretched to a 151 zx800, rt 1000, TApex (lightweight....haha, weighted 18lbs more than the stock 1100t rtr) then the 1100. It might be the lightest sled I've owned....and handling as the bonus.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Personally a 4s just isnt for me, I find it to heavy, but the guy whos sled I road loved it. It doesnt matter what you ride it matters that YOU like what YOU ride, I could give less sh*ts if 4s riders judge me for riding a 2s , I sure as he11 aint judging anyone.

Where you ride and who you ride with definitely effects what you ride a lot, but on that note if all my buddies had 4s and spent their days climbing id still be on my 2s and just crank the boost up to their level, or at least close(ish), I dont care what they ride im still riding what I want to ride.

But also, if I had the money id own both, 2s as my main ride and a 4s for those days when I just need to climb those giant slopes.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
weight? weight ? weight ? that's all I ever hear , A majority of you guys must have never rode any of the big triples , Some of us don't mind the weight of an 1100 4s so much ,because some of us have been riding heavy sleds for many years , that didn't handle well at all , so our riding style and inputs on a 4s isn't that much of a big deal , my first cat was a 700 Wildcat , followed by two 900 Thundercats, three 1000 Thundercats , two 1000 Mountain cats ,Then two Doo 1000 RT's (Cat quit making the triple) I've never rode anywhere but the mountains of BC, Idaho and Alaska , and ride every terrain the mountains offer, trees, alpine, creeks, I'm not getting any younger, my stamina and strength isn't what it used to be and I still love the 1100T and would never trade back to a 2smoke , I guess it's all in what you get used to !!

You know what's cool to get used to?... A light sled ;)

I had a NASTY Thundercat 1000 stretched with a bunch of work into it, Narrowed up so it would "handle better" (a laughable term by today's standards)... it was a blast to ride, but when I went to the M's.... aaah, it was so much better!!!!

Once you've been on a TRULY light sled, the idea of riding something heavy just is inconceivable. We talk about "only 40 lbs heavier after spending a bunch of money" which is of course compared to a STOCK sled. Spend the same money on taking weight off a light sled in the first place, and you've got an amazing machine. Of course, add boost and the comparison is pointless.

M
Oct 29, 2013
I'm sure that I will get flamed for this but I am rather tired of everyone dogging the 2013 1100 Turbo for its weight!

My first real sled was a 2005 RMK 900. Arguably the worst sled ever made and I agree. Heavy, weak, and a time bomb. I personally never had an issue. Next was a 2010 M8. Loved this sled. Changed my first belt at 1600 miles for the hell of it. Still looked in good shape. Rode a demo 2012 1100 Turbo up in Steamboat and thought the engine was about to blow due to the release of turbo pressure (not used to the blow off). Loved the power!

Last year, got a 2013 1100 Turbo. First 200 miles sucked. Later found out that one of the turbo hoses was disconnected. Next 800 miles blew my mind and only one belt. I'm 175lbs and never looked at the weight of the sled before I rode it and I couldn't tell the difference between my 2010 m8 and 2013 1100 turbo. The power difference was insane! I ride mostly in the trees around 10,000-12,000 in the Vail, Colorado area. I find the longer track makes a larger difference than the additional weight and my tree riding is the same as it always is, until I get stuck. This sled rocks and I still have my 2 stroker which I never rode last year. To each their own.

Power to weight ratio is what I look at if I must. Thank you for listening and be gentle with the flame.

Side Note=MDS weights, 3 inch straight pipe, venting, nothing else

Everyone talks about the sleds, why are no one talking about their fat or skinny *** needs to go to the gym and get in shape? I think a sled with +100lbs makes a lot less difference than +100lbs on your fat belly! AC boosts about 18 pounds lighter sled when most people anyway would feel much more difference if they lost 10 pounds of bodyfat or even better transfered it into muscles or gained 10 pounds of muscles if you are skinny (like me) :face-icon-small-hap

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Know what else is super cool.....turning a key on 300+hp everyday without a care in the world:face-icon-small-coo

Some get used to light, I got used to 320hp. It's that simple. I can ride a full cf PC anytime and it doesnt make me giggle like hp. Just like my old riding buddy used to say, he loved my hp for half a day and back to the 2s turbo the rest of the time. That was perfect cause I thought the same way.

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
It's about whatever gets your jollies off. You guys say you can't get away from the hp and us 2s guys respect that.

Personally, I love to get out in the technical and steep and attempt the most ridiculous, out of control, tech maneuvers I can in sketchy terrain. I'd MUUUUCH rather ride my stock ish Pro than my buddies 11t.

To each their own.

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
Just took the sled out for the first ride of the year...yep, still love it. Didn't love the fact that all my coolant had disappeared. I do hate that you have to take the sled apart just to add coolant. Bad design.

T
Oct 15, 2008
Kamloops BC Canada
Beging 13 M1100 setup

3 rides this year on a new 13 1100t 162 ltd. First of all Powder Pros are the first mod!!! What a difference. Here is a setup to work with to start. Front ski shocks 80 PSI, rear shock 120 PSI. The key to feeling the weight of the motor is the front shock setup in the rear skid. Start with 7/8 of an inch of thread showing. If you decrease spring preasure you will put more wieght or a more planted feeling on the skis. The key to basic setup it to vary the preload on the front shock of the skid. One of the setups I use is to increase the preload until my steering goes away, it will start to push through corners ect. This sucks for the trail but works great in powder as it raises the centre of gravity and allows you to through the sled around as you have de weighted the front end. I am 210 with gear. In deep powder days I will turn up my preload for off trail and decease it for the ride home. This very basic but it seems to work to help hide the weight. Take the time and set it up and you will have a much better day. I hope this helps

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
Everyone talks about the sleds, why are no one talking about their fat or skinny *** needs to go to the gym and get in shape? I think a sled with +100lbs makes a lot less difference than +100lbs on your fat belly! AC boosts about 18 pounds lighter sled when most people anyway would feel much more difference if they lost 10 pounds of bodyfat or even better transfered it into muscles or gained 10 pounds of muscles if you are skinny (like me) :face-icon-small-hap

on point here

i have stepped up my workouts and lost nearly 15 lbs and gained strength everywhere

i think the 1100t is a awesome sled...

on the deep days what could be funner to ride??

i had a m8t and it was awesome,,,, but no where near as fun as my 1100t

IMO........

B
Jan 19, 2012
on point here

i have stepped up my workouts and lost nearly 15 lbs and gained strength everywhere

i think the 1100t is a awesome sled...

on the deep days what could be funner to ride??

i had a m8t and it was awesome,,,, but no where near as fun as my 1100t

IMO........

Can't agree more. I have a BC275 kit, lots of carbon fiber, belt drive etc. It's a blast. Also have a SLP Stg 2 M8 with carbon parts, and it's a blast, but zero power in comparison. Depends on the group I ride with. Heavy tree-banging, I like the m8. Everything else is the BC275 all day long.
Oh, and we leave on our first trip of the year tomorrow, let there be BOOST!

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
I've ridden two different modded 1100T's and neither was easier to side hill than my RMK. Not even close. They handle much better than any Yamaha however.

i own both and IMO it does!!!!

this is comparing a
2012 pro rmk 155
2013 1100t 162"

maybe the track length is the difference, maybe not,,,

but i could sidehill the 1100t all day very easily...

also, once you learn how to control the throttle on these big 4s turbos, they are so forgiving i find.. the torque is incredible, no power band per say,,
maybe i am just the odd man out on this.

if i can get it down about 50 lbs this year it will be unreal!

IMO ....

Premium Features