• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evolution Powersports / Turbie Performace Belt Life Improvement Products

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Looks awesome. I am all over this. I need to beef up my drivetrain to handle the 290 super chute. Looks like this will do the trick.

T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
We will have all these pieces at Haydays to purchase. I will also be doing the mod to the original TCL to convert it to just a engine mount and will be pressing the bearings also on site for a nominal fee to the jackshafts for those that do not want to do the job of modding the TCL and pressing bearings themselves.
Come and see us at the EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS booth and bring your jackshaft and or just your TCL depending on what you want done and we will get you set up.

Last edited:
T

TURBIE

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 17, 2013
saskatchewan
We will have all these pieces at Haydays to purchase. I will also be doing the mod to the original TCL to convert it to just a engine mount and will be pressing the bearings also on site for a nominal fee to the jackshafts for those that do not want to do the job of modding the TCL and pressing bearings themselves.
Come and see us at the EVOLUTION POWERSPORTS booth and bring your jackshaft and or just your TCL depending on what you want done and we will get you set up.
I will also be doing this modification later at my shop for who ever wants it done by us rather than doing it themselves we just require a undamaged core and we will do the mod so its ready for the install

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
1. So $1200 for the whole deal?
2. Jim you think a guy could run the stock chain and gears on a full bore super chute? Really?
3. Can I run this set up with my C3 belt drive?
4. Any effect on clutching?

For the guys choking on the price ask the poor bastards that blew chains last year and took out lots of expensive hard to get parts if they had the choice to buy this setup last year what their answer would be. Or a guy like me that spent way more trying to get more than one good ride on a belt if he would have bought this set up last year? Or the guy who blows a belt at the top of a gnarly chute and is watching his $25,000 sled tumble over rocks if he would have bought this set up?

I hope it's compatible with my belt drive because if it is I'm getting the whole deal.

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
1. So $1200 for the whole deal?
2. Jim you think a guy could run the stock chain and gears on a full bore super chute? Really?
3. Can I run this set up with my C3 belt drive?
4. Any effect on clutching?

For the guys choking on the price ask the poor bastards that blew chains last year and took out lots of expensive hard to get parts if they had the choice to buy this setup last year what their answer would be. Or a guy like me that spent way more trying to get more than one good ride on a belt if he would have bought this set up last year? Or the guy who blows a belt at the top of a gnarly chute and is watching his $25,000 sled tumble over rocks if he would have bought this set up?

I hope it's compatible with my belt drive because if it is I'm getting the whole deal.

Wade,

Obviously a belt drive is the ultimate, or Hyvo gears, but the Hyvo gear and chains were not available last year in the proper ratios. That may change for this year. My gears and chain have lasted a 320 HP all year (with a manual chain tensioner). Gear and chain life will be better without the top gear's angle of incidence changing all the time.

The kit is compatable with the C3 belt drive. Kevin is taking one of our Jackshafts back from Haydays to make sure our jackshaft works, but if not, the rest of the kit works for sure.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Going old school on us with that kit cat 900 secondary. I think thats the last decent clutch cat made.

Last edited:

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Turbie how's that front bumper look on there?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

S
Feb 2, 2009
Mn
My question is how much do you have to invest? Not bad mouthing EVO but supposedly the upgrade team tied clutch was suppose to be the fix. And we blew a belt the next day with that clutch set up? Next thing after another. hopefully someone finds something that works soon

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
I think it has taken a while to figure out what is causing premature belt life and / or broken chain. This fix only makes sense. Stiffer motor mounts and a stronger jackshaft that wont flex is the key. I have a stage 3 kit on the way and I am pretty certain that It will help fix these problems. I wouldn't have spent the money if this did not make sense. Look at Cat engineers saying that a new clutch with bigger fins will solve this problem? I think not. The belt and clutches are getting too hot period. Keep the clutches in alignment with this kit and I am pretty certain belt life will increase dramatically. I will let you know in a couple months.

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
My question is how much do you have to invest? Not bad mouthing EVO but supposedly the upgrade team tied clutch was suppose to be the fix. And we blew a belt the next day with that clutch set up? Next thing after another. hopefully someone finds something that works soon

.....and for some that had bad secondaries this was the fix. For those that had saggy mounts an engine stopper and replacement mounts could fix their problem. It's well documented that there are various combinations of different issues that any sled could have unfortunately. Frustrating....for sure. Try being a dealer and doing r&d for Cat for free, not cool.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Installing now

Got the TCL delete and installing now. Well thought out, quality parts as usual. A tip for those installing - make damn sure you grind the ribs down on the motor mount when modifying, or you'll be saying some choice words when the jackshaft has to come back out. Hardest part of the install was removing the OSP jackshaft support I previously installed. Shouldn't take more then 3 -4 beer with basic hand tools lol.

Phat Cat

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
Lacombe, Ab
Good to know. I will be getting my stage 3 kit soon. Will be installing it in the next couple weeks. Good to hear the positive comments from you.

T
Dec 19, 2007
Could you explain further what ribs to grind down? I'm assuming something on the OEM motor mounts?

Also, what did you do to align the Turbie engine braces once removing the OEM tabs that are welded to the heat exchanger?

Got the TCL delete and installing now. Well thought out, quality parts as usual. A tip for those installing - make damn sure you grind the ribs down on the motor mount when modifying, or you'll be saying some choice words when the jackshaft has to come back out. Hardest part of the install was removing the OSP jackshaft support I previously installed. Shouldn't take more then 3 -4 beer with basic hand tools lol.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
ribs

Could you explain further what ribs to grind down? I'm assuming something on the OEM motor mounts?

Also, what did you do to align the Turbie engine braces once removing the OEM tabs that are welded to the heat exchanger?
The ribs I am talking about on the fatory engine mount are actually webbiing cast into the mount to add strength. If you put the TCL delete in position (mock up your parts), you'll see what I am talking about. (Of course, had I looked at the photos in the direction provided, I'd have seen what was required.)

I aligned the mounts to the leading edge of the tunnel - they really can only go on one way and look right.

T
Dec 19, 2007
Ok, I see the rib on the MAG side motor mount that needed to be grinded off so it didn't hit the support brace. Is there a rib that needs to be ground down on the PTO side motor mount as well?

Thanks!

I'm assuming you removed the rivet on the PTO side that would have been under the brace? It's a rivet that attached the tunnel to the heat exchanger, and held a wire holder in place.

There is also a rivet on the MAG side in the same location. If those rivets are not removed the support braces will be raised up approx. 3/16" and won't be flush to the tunnel.

The ribs I am talking about on the fatory engine mount are actually webbiing cast into the mount to add strength. If you put the TCL delete in position (mock up your parts), you'll see what I am talking about. (Of course, had I looked at the photos in the direction provided, I'd have seen what was required.)

I aligned the mounts to the leading edge of the tunnel - they really can only go on one way and look right.

Last edited:

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Re: question

Mag side mount was ok, never touched it other then changing the actual mount. I'm actually using a C3 belt drive on my sled, and using OSP's polyurethane mounts. I believe I removed any rivets that interferred with fitment (I did the tunnel mounts last year), and redrilled the plate to install the wire loop and fuel filter.
P.S. - I should add that 3-4 beers install time is based on the fact that I am a journeyman mechanic, with almost every tool know to man in my toolbox, so sometime these "simple installs" take the average handyman a bit longer...

Premium Features