• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

indy light gt 133 into a 96 indy 500 skid,track swap

M
Jan 8, 2013
hey there my track on my 96 indy 500 is shot and instead of just swapping it out id like to extend it a bit ive heard a little that some skids will bolt right in or without much hassle... i have an opportunity to get a great deal on an unknown year indy light gt 133 skid, brand new track, and tunnel extensions and mounts and all that for very cheap. just wanted to make sure or see if anyone knows if this will fight in my sled before i buy it. it looks the same for how it bolts in and everything but just not to sure especially cuz i dont know the year of this indy light.... but just needed some second opinions would be great or if anyone knows anything to help would be greatly appretiated. thanks

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I bet you can make it work. The only issue I think I would see is the actual mount distance between the drive axle to the 1st and then 2nd mount points. Nothing that can't be overcome. Just take some good measurements and you should be fine.

I have the 133 in my '93 440 SKS and actually went with a newer style 1.5" track and it goes pretty well. I also added extensions on my Indy Lite to put a 136" on it. Made that sled putt around pretty good in the deeper snow.

Good luck.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
i highly doubt the skid is the same, yours is probably longer travel with stiffer shocks, i would just buy a track and get some extensions. e-bay is your friend.

C

cowboy181d

Nov 1, 2008
Burns oregon
I would have to agree with the new track and extensions, for ease of install...I have a 79 TXL with a 98 rmk skid under it and a 136, just love that old beast:face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton It all comes down to do you want easy or a touch more work? I always seem to go the work route....:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features