• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 m8 cuts out around 6000 rpms

rabbitm7

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2008
mn
I have a 08 m8 with a push turbo g kit last day of the year choppin trottle down the trail an it suddenly decided to only rev to around 6000 rpms an will wont go any higher, no check engine lights nor codes come on dash ive also tried unpluggin dobeck box an charge tube to run on the trackstand an I get the same proble idles fine accelerates normal but at 6000 its like it just dont get over it doesnt backfire or pop it kinda just hangs at 6000 rpms, ive borred a guys ecu an servo motor an tried that, same results fuel psi stays up im kinda stumped even took apart primay clutch an everthing looks casual any ideas where to start next I would appreciate the help

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Servo motor, clean PV's
check grounds
anytime there is a problem

unplug everything going to the handle bars and tail light wire at the rotor. That will eliminate most of the electrical system just to make sure its not any of it causing the problem.
I've heard of tail light wires and hand warmers grounding out causing some wierd stuff.

But because of the rpm I would guess servo.

check the fuse too

Premium Features