• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 D8 Turbo questions??? Options???

A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
Well I'm buying a turbo.... Thats about as far as Ive gotten... What style (aero or garrett), whos (been looking at silber, boondockers, hmturbos), what other options out there....???? Can be straight pg or pg/race mix... looking to find the best of both worlds as i do climbing and boondocking.... no brand bashing just serious opinions and hands on experience.... what other options are out there... thanks in advance for your help.....

Auggie

F
Mar 6, 2008
ND
CFI kits are actually very abundent. There has to be atleast 6 bigger names out there. Ones you (or myself) have missed are noted in other threads here. Any way, most of the big name kits out there are going to offer very close performance. Most of the kits have sales perks such as BD's mini intercooler or the self cotained oiling of an areo and Silbers price.
I know Silber has been working hand in hand with TEAM INDUSTRIES on clutching for some time and has some good things coming with them along with his new billet aluminum wastegate (Think it will run as low as 4psi for low elevation pg guys.).He has some extra optional parts available for his kits as well.

Either route you go boost is a blast on these CFI's!:D

Ken Climb

Premium Member
The Polaris 800 is soooo much fun with boost! If I was to build one, it would be the BD pump gas with mini intercooler. Sounds like many other good choices out there but I like how the intercooler keeps the charged air temps down when you want to crank up the boost to 10-12lbs. It's also the most responsive turbo'd sled I've ever rode............as in 0 lag.

Last edited:
A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
with the garret turbos and the oil reservoir, has anyone had bad experiences with rolling the sled over leaking oil or the pickup not gettin oil up to the turbo???

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The Polaris 800 is soooo much fun with boost! If I was to build one, it would be the BD pump gas with mini intercooler. Sounds like many other good choices out there but I like how the intercooler keeps the charged air temps down when you want to crank up the boost to 10-12lbs. It's also the most responsive turbo'd sled I've ever rode............as in 0 lag.

You need to try one of Curts (Fastrax motorsports)...they are wicked bad...more power on less boost, more responsive, less/no lag....liquid cooled intercooler, very very well dialed in....

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
BD Pump Gas, adding the electronic boost control. I run 8 psi with a gallon or so 110 in every tank to keep the junk gas under control.No intercooler and run at 9000+ in elevation. No issues at all

J
May 20, 2008
with the garret turbos and the oil reservoir, has anyone had bad experiences with rolling the sled over leaking oil or the pickup not gettin oil up to the turbo???
BD has a new oil reservoir that is easier to open and is not supposed to leak or have any problems if the machine is rolled over. It also has a easier cap/fill plug than the old ones. They had the new reservoir at the Snow show in Washington a week ago and said they would have the prices for them out soon. They would like all the kits out to upgrade to this set up so they said it would be priced well. I do have the old set up and have not had any problems though.

E

erik

Oct 25, 2009
Buffalo,Wyo
Bd all the way

Put Pump Gas BD with mini cooler on 09 DRAGON last year and love it going to 174 with Timber Sled rear this year and let it fly :face-icon-small-hap

S
Dec 4, 2007
The SPS Kit is a great kit to look at too. Price is good and it it good quality stuff. All Stainless and Aluminum. You can run pump gas or a pump gas/ race gas mix depending on what kind of boost you want to run. the oil tank has been redesigned this year to help alleviate the problem of leaking or the rolling over. Check out our kit and compare. Give us a call with any questions.

1badcowboy

Oct 26, 2008
Elko NV
i am working with justin with silber turbos im guna go with his kit because he always pickes up his phone and will get the ansers i need and i havent even ordered the kit yet. but next weekend when he gets back home im ordering it 4 sure and his kits are priced verry vell 3700 for a complete kit for a 2010 d8. and thats with cluch kit, gauges, and everything you need to build some boost :)

S
Feb 12, 2008
boondocker would you like to buy this pump gas turbo back.you said that it would work with the 2010 flssh it does not .the ebc does not work right for me my pipe were it bolts on to turbo leaks at the weld and you dont anser the phone 5000 dollars to ruin a 10000 dollar sled

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
i am working with justin with silber turbos im guna go with his kit because he always pickes up his phone and will get the ansers i need and i havent even ordered the kit yet. but next weekend when he gets back home im ordering it 4 sure and his kits are priced verry vell 3700 for a complete kit for a 2010 d8. and thats with cluch kit, gauges, and everything you need to build some boost :)

I dont even have justins Kit and I bought clutch parts from Him,, Im shure you will not be dissapointed with his Kit

B

bighole1818

Dec 18, 2009
Big Hole valley, MT
HM Turbos builds and awsome kit for the dragons and it is the most complete kit out there. they use the aero 66 so there is really NO! turbo lag. No welding or custom fab required and the Aero Comander Fuel Box (included) has a map for the the 09 reflash or the 2010 that works like a dream. Cheak 'em out at HMTurbos.com or give them a call at (406)273-6111 and ask for Shane

Premium Features