• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST Member Titles

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If it continues down that path I may end up as a boosted yammie rider. I don't want that.
"IF" there was a way to customize it towards the brand that someone owned, that would be WAY COOL in my humble oppinion.

But as it stands right now, I am not sure my programer can get into the code deep enough to create that kind of an option. But MAYBE he could.

I will pass it by Brian and ask him if there is any way for me to create 4 different look-up tables where the member could specify which of the 4 he wanted to be tracked on.

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Level 1: Tree Hugger
Level 2: Trail Rider
Level 3: Ditch Banger
Level 4: Flat Lander
Level 5: Trencher
Level 6: Bunny Hill Master
Level 7: Widowmaker Casualty
Level 8: Boondocking Artist
Level 9: Cornice Air Frequent Flyer
Level 10: Carving Savant
Level 11: Mountain Master
Level 12: Chute Slayer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Level 1: 0-9 S.P.O.R.S. (Stupid People On Rental Sleds)
Level 2: 10-24 noob
Level 3: 25-49 parking lot poser
Level 4: 50-99 trail rider
Level 5: 100-249 mogal destroyer
Level 6: 250-499 ditch banger
Level 7: 500-999 freestyle
Level 8: 1,000-2,499 boondocker
Level 9: 2,500-4,999 hillclimber
Level 10: 5,000-7,499 extreme rider
Level 11: 7,500-9,999 master sledder
Level 12: 10,000+ posts! gods gift to sledding

Its getting better.
And while "I" like the level 1, its really not going to fly with Corporate.

We HAVE to make the Noobs feel welcome here !!

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Level 2: Parking Lot Poser
Level 3: Trail Rider
Level 4: Ditchbanger (is that supposed to be one word?)
Level 8: Boondocker
Level 9: Powder Shredder
Level 10: Cornice Jumper

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Level 2: Parking Lot Poser
Level 3: Trail Rider
Level 4: Ditchbanger (is that supposed to be one word?)
Level 8: Boondocker
Level 9: Powder Shredder
Level 10: Cornice Jumper

Level 13: Right Wing extremist!:D

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Level 1: 0-9 Now..which one's the throttle?

Level 2: 10-24 Rental Sledder

Level 3: 25-49 Stuck a lot!:cool:

Level 4: 50-99 Scenery Rider:devil:

Level 5: 100-249 Sit Down Rider:)

Level 6: 250-499 Seat Kneeler:face-icon-small-win

Level 7: 500-999 Stand Up Rider:rolleyes:

Level 8: 1,000-2,499 Boondocker:beer;

Level 9: 2,500-4,999 Hill Climber:D

Level 10: 5,000-7,499 Extreme Rider:p

Level 11: 7,500-9,999 I Do This For a Living

Level 12: 10,000+ Sponsored:eek:

Here's my changes! ;)

N

Nubulin

Oct 26, 2005
Flatlands USA :(
IMO titles are pretty stupid beyond admin, moderator, and member. This isn't a tree house club for 8 year olds....

My suggestion if we MUST do some sort of ranking: On one of the other forums I developed for a client, we used a military ranking system with icons representing private, pvt 1st class, corporal, etc etc. I think that is a fairly universal system that would appeal to the audience here more than some lame made up titles. But, most people can read the post count and make thier own decision on how seasoned a member is, so honestly it is probably moot.

Post rep is a lot more accurate measure of how valuable a member is in my opinion. We would need to reset everyones post rep though, because a ton of people took part in the rep whoring thread and almost everyone here is near maxed out. That makes the rep system useless right now......

On most forums, you get people "whoring" just to get more posts. These people are seldom useful. There are a lot of valuable people on here that have only a hundred or less posts, but have intelligent things to say that gets viewed over and over. These poeple should not be "noobs" or some other lame title just because they don't chime in with a ":)" or other usless replies all the time.

Something to think about.

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
IMO titles are pretty stupid beyond admin, moderator, and member. This isn't a tree house club for 8 year olds....

My suggestion if we MUST do some sort of ranking: On one of the other forums I developed for a client, we used a military ranking system with icons representing private, pvt 1st class, corporal, etc etc. I think that is a fairly universal system that would appeal to the audience here more than some lame made up titles. But, most people can read the post count and make thier own decision on how seasoned a member is.

Post rep is a lot more accurate measure of how valuable a member is. On most forums, you get people "whoring" just to get more posts. These people are seldom useful. There are a lot of people on here that have only a hundred or less posts, but have intelligent things to say that gets viewed over and over. We would need to reset everyones post rep though, because a ton of people took part in the rep whoring thread and almost evenyone here is near maxed out. That makes the rep system useless.

Something to think about.

I beg to differ. I know a bunch of guys that have a bunch of useful stuff to say and have a ton of posts. Most of the posts have come from us using a dedicated thread as a "chat" board to talk about our daily lives. Kids, wives/girlfriends, dogs, work, sleddin, dirtbiking, hunting. Sometimes random stuff gets posted just to be post whores but no harm, no foul.

Leave the rep alone, that took 2 years for some of us to reach where they are now. Again, no harm, no foul.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007

My suggestion if we MUST do some sort of ranking: On one of the other forums I developed for a client, we used a military ranking system with icons representing private, pvt 1st class, corporal, etc etc. I think that is a fairly universal system that would appeal to the audience here more than some lame made up titles. But, most people can read the post count and make thier own decision on how seasoned a member is.

+1 for looking at post count/join date. Also, I think regardless of postcount/joindate, when you're active on a forum for a week or two you start to figure out who the valuable members are. When you've been on forums for a few years, it's real easy to pick out who the lame-o's are too.

Still think the user title should just be a custom field.

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
And FWIW.... Several other forums I'm on have threads similar to the "max thread" as it's called on here. Just a casual chat-like environment.

And just like the "max thread" on here, they're all pretty close as a group.

Premium Features