• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how many of you have bent aarms on the 16 pro?

matchrocket

Premium Member
Mar 2, 2016
Boise
This is why I can't figure how Alt Impact arms haven't completely stolen the market... Designing in an easy, trail repairable, cheap shear point is brilliant.

I suspect the bulkhead is just as durable as the old Pro. I think the spindle is the next weak point after the lower a-arm.
Alt Impact. Result of a rock strike that threw me and rolled the sled. Rode it all day after the hit, changed it out at home in 5 min. $25 part.
c32aec0c2203140fe4d85bbcee800de3.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
The stock arms are nice and light and the only place that they are too weak is the lower where it thins just before the rear mount. I had a guy order some Arm Candy braces a couple weeks ago because he bent his moving the sled in his garage and the carbide caught the concrete. The arms are still plenty bendy if you hit something hard with the braces installed. We have seen and have had a few really bad hits and the arms still will bend elsewhere but not from a little bump.

2016-03-17 10.16.24.jpg 2016-01-26 17.28.17.jpg 2016-01-26 17.27.35.jpg 2016-02-02 08.31.20.jpg 2016-01-26 17.50.16.jpg

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
I became a member of the 'bent arm club' this past week. Smacked a 6" diameter tree and bent up my left lower arm. I will have my good black factory arms up for sale soon. Got the zbroz 39" to replace my stock parts. TSTEFF who is a member here hooked me up with a great price with super fast shipping on my new Zbroz arms. Looking forward to a bit more riding if it ever snows again in Lake Tahoe

Last edited:

L. Perry

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2015
You can't go wrong with Alternative impact. Take hard hits and live through. Customer service is above and beyond anyone I have ever dealt with.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
my buddy did his in a few weeks ago, bent like a pretzel I swapped mine out last year for the AI ones, much better

txinmt

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2013
Montana USA
Agree that stock are garbage. I get the concept of having a weak point to save you from greater damage........but they are ENTIRELY TOO WEAK! We have two 2017 Axys sleds at work. We are about to replace a third lower a-arm this season. We have taught the old rule of thumb that if a tree is smaller than your wrist....it is traction. Anything bigger can do damage. THAT NO LONGER IS THE CASE! The first one was bent BADLY when one of our guys tried to go over a tree no bigger than 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The next one was by another guy who said he had no idea he had hit something. He just noticed it was bent the next day. The latest one was be me today. it has been warmer the last few days and the snow has been a little crusty, but we rode a groomed road into the backcountry and then into deep snow. We have had a good snow year here in north west Montana. I had no wrecks, and didn't hit any rocks/stumps all day. When we got back to vehicles and had the sleds up on the trailers, I was explaining the issues we had with the a-arms being so flimsy to another guy. I looked down and saw that my lower right a-arm was bent! I have no idea how it could have happened but know it had to happen on todays ride. I never even felt so much as a jerk on the handlebars.

If you are going to design in a "weak point" to save from other damage, maybe it should be a less expensive sheer pin or something. Not a $250 part!!!

Premium Features