• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

05 M7 BB turbo ?s

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Right now I have my sled torn down to the crank. I need some pointers on how to build this thing back up.

Should I sell my BB, or is it worth keeping with the turbo?

I am looking at an used OVS kit, any problems I am not aware of, does OVS still support the M7 stuff because there website doesnt show anything anymore?

I will send the crank in to SLP or someone else... Should I have it pinned and welded?

Do they press the crank apart to look at the bearings and seals?

Drill my cases for oil delete and get rid of the injection?

Should I just remove my old fuel pump, and put an inline one in?

Any help would be great. Current plans are to send stator in and have it rewound to put more current out. I have a diamond S hood, and a couple of small ATV lights. I have new EGTS. Any recomendations on the previous questions? Thanks guys

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Depending on your crank's status, you may either need a rebuild and balance or get a remanufactured crank. DONT have it pinned and welded.

Most turbo builders still support the M7. Twisted and OVS both have setups for sure.

Definately get the stator rewound it will help in the long run.

I have 3 or 4 of the big bore M7s running turboed and I am building one right now.

Get rid of the oil injection and use your stock pump to feed the turbo.

PM me if you have any other questions, you have a great baseline for a promising sled!

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
Thanks

It happens to be your bigbore that I got off ebay awhile back. I will definately have more questions. Thanks for your input.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
Racinstation, why do you say not to pin and weld the crank? Not bein a smartass, just curious. I thought it would strengthen the crank and this would be a good thing?

I was considering this same thing catmanm7. I have a 900 engine tech in an 06 M7 and was thinking about a turbo on it as well. Never heard of or seen anyone do this. I too wonder if it's feasable or even worth it.

F

frock

Sep 13, 2005
British Columbia, Canada
Thanks WyoBoy1000.

Racinstation, you say you have turbo'd some M7's with the big bore on them. How do they stand up, are they more or less reliable than without the big bore on them? Are these PG or RG setups and whose turbo setup did you use?

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
If the crank is pinned and welded we can't use them for a core and like said above, they are one of the stoutest around.

If you use cast OEM pistons they are no more or less reliable than a stock M7.

I have used OVS, Twisted, and Boondocker turbos with this setup.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
I just purchased a used OVS kit. I am trying to stay away from boondocker for right now. I am currently getting my crank and other things ready to ship out. Thanks for the offer.

Premium Features