• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need help with my turbo.....long post. Please help

R
Nov 28, 2007
I think I agree with Hoe, looking at the parts diagram online the m8 shows a sensor the 1000 does not.

Sales brochure's:face-icon-small-dis

the 1000's do not have knock sensors as said... only the 800's.

they do both have pipe sensors and when those go bad throw some goofy codes.

al, was the wiring harness coming off the pipe sensor zip-tied back to the sensor itself? those wires are so tiny they break easy, its a bad design on cats part and common for those to go bad.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
the 1000's do not have knock sensors as said... only the 800's.

they do both have pipe sensors and when those go bad throw some goofy codes.

al, was the wiring harness coming off the pipe sensor zip-tied back to the sensor itself? those wires are so tiny they break easy, its a bad design on cats part and common for those to go bad.

No, it was zipped to the APV cables. .

Reeds should be here tomorrow, I'll put everything back together and see what happens. I'll see if I can get the engine code to go off again now that I know what the flashing means.

L
Nov 26, 2007
you must have a wiring problem, kinda same thing happened to me, should make that 40 -41 psi within 2 to 3 pulls with out the engine even firing but definatly at idle, check voltage regulater, may be dumping to much. also lost two pistons myself, checked them just like you, thought they were fine looked good on top but after pulling jugs the rings and lands were a different story

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Problem solved???

Well, go the new reeds today and put them in, no change. However, lifted rear of sled so I could rev it up it bit, and see if I coud get the check engine light to come back on, and it did!!

1-7, which is a failure in exhaust temp sensor. A friend says that this will throw the sled in fail safe mode, and dump tons of fuel to it, and it simply will not run right.

I did check the fuel pump and the regulator and they both seem to be good.

I'll order a new probe tomorrow, does this sound like it could be the problem?

In any event, I certainly am more familiar with my sled and turbo...that's a good thing!!!!:D

I'll keep everyone posted.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Well, I replaced the exhaust temp sensor, seems to idle better and not load up, starts better as well and engine light is not going off.

BUT.....it appears that I have a bad box, it's flashing blue on the right hand sied and according to Garr at OVS, the line from the airbox to the box is plugged, if that isn't it, then something has gotten up into the box and the box is bad.

I blew the line out, no change. This is gettin to be a real bummer!:(

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Blue light flashing, but I took it out for a little rip.....just down the street, and it feels real good. I'm going to take it for a ride on Saturday and see how it runs.

Catman 42

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Yakima, WA
Be sure to clear the fitting also into your air box, if you disconnected the hose on both ends. You can also blow out the orifice on the box. It does not take much of an obstruction to cause a problem. I do hope the sensor fixes your problem if it does we should all write that one down for future reference.

Last edited:

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Be sure to clear the fitting also into your air box, if you disconnected the hose on both ends. You can also blow out the orifice on the box. It does not take much of an obstruction to cause a problem. I do hope the sensor fixes your problem if it does we should all write that one down for future reference.

I was kind of afraid to blow into that tube on the airbox, but I'll give it a try. The blue light comes on sometimes, other times not.

Alot of checks just for the sensor, but a good thing, I learned alot about my turbo, and a lot for this thread. Thanks for everybody who had input.

My first stop after riding tomorrow will be to update on how the sled ran...cross your fingers!:beer;

S

supraturbo

Banned
Sep 9, 2008
quebec canada
Bad fuel box 99%........
i'm almost done with my m1000,m8 standalone system......keep watching my thread, this will solve a lot of problem in the turbo industry.

snowmanx

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2001
Polson, Montana
Bad fuel box 99%........
i'm almost done with my m1000,m8 standalone system......keep watching my thread, this will solve a lot of problem in the turbo industry.

Got a link to this thread? Is this this closed system I've been hearing about here and there?

I'm not knowledgable enough to know why that would be better.

Premium Features