• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST: New "THANKS" system

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Because the new THANKS system was RAPED yesterday by some of our SnoWest Whores, I reset the system to ZERO to start over again.

As of NOW, you can only thank 5 posts per day.
This should stop the new Thanks Wanabe Whores from ruining the system for everyone else.

If the abuse subsides and people start using the new feature in the manner it was intended for, I will begin raising the daily limit back upwards to unlimted.

Please understand, that when the Thanks System is used properly, it is a TERRIFIC WAY of seeing who contributes QUALITY MATERIAL to the SnoWest Site. And of seeing which threads are really worth reading.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So, now that the Thanks button is here it makes the "scale" icon for reps moot. Am I correct? Also, judging from my User CP, I see that it reflects the "thanks" that I have received. Will this take the place of the green and red rep. That will actually bring some peace as it seems that the original rep icon has been locked.

YES.
I have turned off the old rep system as it is meaningless due to MASSIVE ABUSE.

there were 77 people with over 2 million rep points!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have to be honest, I thanked EVERYONE who supported me in an engine thread this summer where I got raped by a douche bag on the east coast...hope those weren't taken off....I had repped 145 of them up to this week (due to only being able to rep 10 a day)...then I thanked the other 100 when that was turned on.

I don't consider that rep whoring. It was legit thanks for a lot of support on a bullcsheit treatment by a scammer. Do I have to go and re-rep all of those all over again?

Last edited:
Premium Features