• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 RMK PRO 800

T

The Boondock Saint

Nov 18, 2008
Salt Lake City, Utah
Anyone have a guesstimate what one of these are gonna cost? Im really diggin it. In the Youtube Video they have some silver ones too that look pretty tight.

Also any word on if they are gonna use the same 800 engine? or have they changed that too?

P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
they wouldn't tell me a cost,and they said it was the same 800 motor but with some changes,and a brand new suspension no torsion springs,looks cool they said I could bolt it on my 07-700 155

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I was also told that the tunnel mounting holes are the same as previous skids so they would fit. Was also told price should be pretty close to 2010 800 dragon.

N
Jan 31, 2008
Libby, MT
Pro

I was in Seeley this morning and got to ride one of the new ones. This is the best sled I have been on.

The new coil over rear suspension was great, I am 250 lbs and I tried all morning to get that thing to bottom out and I could not due it. The new running board have some nice touches to them, we were in one to two feet of fresh pow and at no time did I have any ice or snow build up on them.

The 800 motor seemed very similar. They would not tell us the HP but stated that it will come out in a few weeks. The rep said it was a touch higher then the 2010.

The light weight chases was great. They cut 8 lbs of the suspension, 15 lbs off the chassis, 9 lbs off the powertrain, and 8 lbs misc. For a new weight of 431 lbs.

The best part if this sled I felt was the way it handled the trail. This sled was also great in the fresh snow and awesome at sidehilling. I have never ridden a mtn sled that handled this well on a trail. The new suspension held it tight to the trail and absorbed the bumps much better then the air ride shocks I felt.

The one thing I would like is to see it with a 163 track, I felt it had enough power and would be unstoppable with more track. All models we got to ride were 155. But who knows maybe this will be a snowcheck option.

V
Feb 15, 2010
2011 rmk pro 800

Rode one of the new pro 800 this afternoon for a couple of hours.This sled goes thru the bumps on the trail like you won't believe! Sled felt more powerful than a 10 dragon 800 . the much lighter weight was very noticable, especially in the trees. Very easy to lay it over and carve a line! Engine was very responsive and the clutching was perfect in my opinion! I feel Polaris hit a grandslam homerun with this sled.

B
Dec 15, 2008
Bozeman, MT
Just got back from Seely Lake, rode the pro this afternoon! I loved the feeling of the steering, almost felt like it had power steering, the way the geometry was set up. Also, the new platform felt very rigid and responsive, which was great in both whooped out hard pack trail conditions and when you wanted go through the powder, it was just really responsive and you didn't have to work too hard at making the sled perform in changing snow conditions. I concur on the above comment regarding the new snow cleanouts on the running boards, it was great! Also, I wouldn't worry about horsepower too much with this sled, the loss in weight makes it feel like it has gobs! All around great ride!!!! good job! Hope this helps!

Last edited:

doodah

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Fremont Wisconsin
YEP i think im gonna get one. Dont get me wrong i love my XP, but there is still some Polaris running through me, and by the sounds of it, this is the sled that gets me back on one! I am just hoping that it runs better than 08-10 models!

M
Apr 2, 2002
Montana
Here is my .02 from my ride today.

1. Rear Suspensions: What I noticed is that there were two diffrent feels to the sleds. One sled felt as if it were permanately stuck to the ground and the other a little more nimble. The techs later confirmed that there were 2 difffrent springs a 190 and a 200. They surmised that we were feeling the diffrence in the 2. Going through the bumps on the trail was very plush. (It didn't beat the tar out of me :hail:) Climbing the suspension did very well and kept the 155 on top of the snow.

2. Motor: I'm not a Polaris rider so I don't know what to say about the motor. It is very smooth and appeared to be dialed in. I didn't notice much about the motor except a buddy who was along said that it felt the same as his XP. Reps would not divulge anything about the motor. We tried asking several questions, they kept repeating that they could not tell us any specifics. I liked the power for being stock and the reps said it may see some minor refinements, none that would change the feel.

3. Chassis: WOW!!! It is one of the only sleds I ever hoped on and felt at home with instantly. I falter riding on the XP for a a while before I can make it do what I need it to do. For me riding the chassis was effortless.

My drawbacks:

1. The reps were not sure if there was to be a longer track or not. The 155 felt good, I would say that most people in the west would like a longer option for a track. :face-icon-small-sho

2. This is minor after riding it for a while; I would like to see wider running boards. I have some big ole feet and they need to fit somewhere on the sled. The traction is great though. It would be a benefit to me for a little wider boards.

All in all the sled is a great sled. (In my opinion it will only need to have tweeks for personal prefrence to make it a great sled out of the crate) I know there will be several on the hill next year.

The reps were great. They took notes and let us just say the things we thought maybe beneficial. They made no excuses just listened and took notes. Thanks guys I know you were listening.

Dan Adams was there too. Didn't realize he was there till part way through the introductions during the morning.

There was a humorous comment made today that made me roll laughing. When a gentleman returned from the ride and asked how the sled was he just gave two thumbs up and said t!!T&$. ROFLMAO!!

Thanks Polaris, it is a new day for this rider!

Last edited:
A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
I rode with Mountain Boy this morning in Seeley...and agree with everything he said above. I ride an '09 XP 163" - this new Poo is like taking the XP to the next level of chassis refinement - the rear skid is flat out impressive ('09 XP, not so much...), the chassis is much more nimble in the trees/powder than an XP without feeling excessively "tippy" like the Dragon feels to most XP riders. On the bumpy trail ride into the play area - no comparison, this sled is head and shoulders better than an XP in both stability and bump absorption.

The motor is smooth and powerful - probably 155-160hp on the butt dyno... Acceleration on the trail and climbing in the deep - the clutching seemed well sorted pulling around 8100-8300rpm... I never looked at the track speed :face-icon-small-blu

Weight seems very similar to an XP...

Nice Poo!

Last edited:
R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I had already decided to buy one, the fever is getting bad...keep up the ride evals. Seems to be a sled that won't need a lot of $ for mods after the purchase.

Premium Features