• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sudden engine stop

D
Mar 4, 2018
Question, I have a 2012 M8. Went out yesterday and rode about 2 miles, sled was fine. All the sudden it sounded like I had thrown a belt, a quick squeak, and the sled died. The belt, clutches were fine, but the sled would not start. It sounded like it wanted to start, would turn over a few times but not get to idle. Checked fuses, plugs, fuel and oil and all seemed fine. Towed it back and went to start it the next day and started, idles and ran fine. I pulled the fuel pump, and filters, more like screens, are clear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

buddylove330

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2017
Question, I have a 2012 M8. Went out yesterday and rode about 2 miles, sled was fine. All the sudden it sounded like I had thrown a belt, a quick squeak, and the sled died. The belt, clutches were fine, but the sled would not start. It sounded like it wanted to start, would turn over a few times but not get to idle. Checked fuses, plugs, fuel and oil and all seemed fine. Towed it back and went to start it the next day and started, idles and ran fine. I pulled the fuel pump, and filters, more like screens, are clear. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
My 13 did something similar. It ended up being the Killswitch wires were grounding out by the thumb throttle block.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Premium Features