• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWCHECK DETAILS FINALLY AVAILABLE...WORTH THE WAIT!

trevormezz

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2010
Elk Grove CA
Facts

RMK vs PRO RMK
Pro RMK
Light Weight Jack Shaft hollow inside
Brake Rotors is lighter than rmk
Brake disk is lighter
PRO RMK 6 bogeys RMK 8 bogeys inner and outer
Pro Taper Bars vs Regular with Risers
Walker Evans Shocks vs Ryde FX
All are coil over so way more adjustmant than the past
Lots of frame is bonded with aircraft adhesive instead of welds so stronger and lighter
Bulk Head is 4 diff Aluminum Cast Pieces so when you nail that tree you are only replace of the pieces if it cracks! (Ski DOO You gotta get a new bulk head! and if its and 08 or older you get a salvage claim to insurrance lol)

Both running boards are great so you save money there
2 injectors instead of 4
Tore down it looks like Doo but is put together so much better. (fit to finish, motor position, ride position,
Electronics easy to get to and has sweet new gauge like the 850 xp quads
I was in Vegas Sitting There talking with DOO dealers who also sell poo and they are so pumped on this sled

4 year bumper to bumper if you sno check or 2 year powertrain (motor&clutches etc) and 700 buckw in Gear.
Go with the 4 year for sure

I really like the black on red of the reg RMK 800 it looks awesome.

Assault
Everybody wanted a 155 so they got one super good looking orange sled
If you want a 144 2 inch lug you can get it.
Its called the 800 Assault Switchback but you gotta snowcheck and its orange.
Turbo SIlver looks real good too and the make carbon fiber replacement side panels and hood that are trick.

110,000 miles of R&D and testing
Levalle and Buarandt are all about these sleds They were there in Vegas
Polaris Believes this sled will not have problems obvious with the 4yr warranty and hype.

Kills Doo in price by at least 750 across the board MSRP and when you price shop make sure you compare apples to apples alright.
Most differences are 1000+ and arctic cat only like 250 to 500 but cat and poo are not even in the same class right now

Suppose to be completely done and ready to ship in oct
No delivery promise but they said end of oct begin nov

(Your just gonna bend a arms if you get it any earlier)
Shop Local go to your dealer sign up and get one!!!

Last edited:
S
Nov 27, 2007
Boy-see
choice of warranty: either 4 YEAR BUMPER TO BUMBPER FULLY TRANSFERRABLE ($1000 value) or 2 YEAR engine FULLY TRANSFERRABLE ($500 VALUE)

PLUS $700 accessorie allowance

I don't think you get both....you get the warranty OR the accessories...that's what Jack told me yesterday.

I hope Jack was wrong and you are right.

If it is the access allowance PLUS the warranty ... WOW

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Please read it again 4 yr bumper to bumper or (not and) 2yr power train, plus $700. in gear, no money w/ 4 yr deal. Also its not a loyalty thing it's a guarrantee that if for any reason you don't like your 2011 you can trade it for a 2012 and Poo will directly send you a check for $1000.00, Say you keep you sled in a1 condition and trade for $1500.00, fill out the paperwork and get a grand sent to you, one yr for$500.00 or so , not bad

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
"$1000 loyalty coupon. For taking a chance on a "first year sled" if you decide to trade your
sled for a 2012 and say it's worth 8500 on trade, you can trade it and then Polaris will send
you a check for $1000 to go toward your trade."

being more realistic here..you pay 11k.a few dealers will sell news one in jan for 8500.
your trade in is used so you get more like 5 or 6000 trade in if your lucky.unless maybe
you have a family member who is a dealer:)

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
being more realistic here..you pay 11k.a few dealers will sell news one in jan for 8500.
your trade in is used so you get more like 5 or 6000 trade in if your lucky.unless maybe
you have a family member who is a dealer

I don't believe that for a minute with the new sled. Yeah, the IQ's were selling like that because the sled wasn't near as new or popular. There might be a little savings in March, but with a 1 year warranty. I did just this on my 2009 Dragon because the next year (2010) wasn't changing much other than BNG.

I gotta hand it to Polaris. With all the issues they have dealt with, they come out with a killer sled (on paper for most of us), give it a ton of snowcheck options, keep the price less than Ski-Doo and slap a 4 year warranty on it. I'm still not certain about the $1000 loyalty thing.

My biggest complaint is that there are no details anywhere but SnoWest. I called two dealers and they are dumbfounded. There's no info on the website either, yet snowcheck started three days ago!

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i do exagerate sometimes:).if it ends up supersled of the year.you may get more
but no where near 8500 trade in at a dealer imo

Last edited:

this1ultraflyz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Saskatoon, Saskquatchland
Dealer gots to have an end or he won't be there for ya! History has proven this many times. EG. Your boss don't make any money you loose your job! And he go broke no matter what biz he in!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
i do exagerate sometimes:).if it ends up supersled of the year.you may get more
but no where near 8500 trade in at a dealer imo

I agree. I already talked to one dealer this year and he told me he won't take any used sleds because he feels uncomfortable insulting people with what he would be able to give them. Another dealer told me he won't take anything until next fall so he doesn't have to sit on it all summer.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I'm really having a hard time trying to decide what to do. I know that I'll take it in the keister selling my 08. It's not a pristine sled either, so do I bite the bullet and buy a new sled. Doing that will probably end up costing $6-7,000 or do I keep mine and just keep spare pistons, v.r. and ECU for the inevitable failure. I'm so sick of the crap I went thru last year and I didn't even have to pay for most of the bad parts. This year I only have 2 days riding my sled and I spent $550 on parts and labor. This w/e will be the first time out on my 8 in 2 and 1/2 months. We'll see how it goes sat. I really want my 8 gone, but I really don't want the expense of buying another sled, my plan was to keep the 08 for 5-6 years like I did my 02. I really wish Polaris would step up and provide previous owners with some type of compensation towards a new sled.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I just saw that too... what they show and what they say are two different things.:rant:

Saw the RMK and the PRO at West Yellowstone EXPO today...Both rear bumpers look the same from a distance...get close and you will see the RMK is a powdercoated (I think) aluminum bumper and the Pro is the Carbon Fiber.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My Bad...

The bumper Looks kind of the same from a distance...

The Std RMK has an aluminum tube like Moto said... the flap is also not ventillated but still has the non trapping bump in the flap.

Thanks for that... gotta love the 4 year warranty that WILL transfer!!

Plus the Pro Taper handlebars and flat steering post top on the Pro... with the switches on the console.

Std gets the left hand mounted switches and standard bar with T top steering post.
I believe it still gets the CF bumper
800_rmk_155_1600x1200_1.jpg

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I'm really having a hard time trying to decide what to do. I know that I'll take it in the keister selling my 08. It's not a pristine sled either, so do I bite the bullet and buy a new sled. Doing that will probably end up costing $6-7,000 or do I keep mine and just keep spare pistons, v.r. and ECU for the inevitable failure. I'm so sick of the crap I went thru last year and I didn't even have to pay for most of the bad parts. This year I only have 2 days riding my sled and I spent $550 on parts and labor. This w/e will be the first time out on my 8 in 2 and 1/2 months. We'll see how it goes sat. I really want my 8 gone, but I really don't want the expense of buying another sled, my plan was to keep the 08 for 5-6 years like I did my 02. I really wish Polaris would step up and provide previous owners with some type of compensation towards a new sled.

I think it's a no brainer except for the cost involved. The season is short and even if your sled isn't a lemon you don't/can't trust it. Also it's unrealistic to expect more than 2-3 years out of a Turbo sled unless it's a Yami. All that power takes a toll on the engine as well as the drive train. Depending on miles ridden-with a Turbo you need to look at doing the crank every two years & pistons annually. Then there is the cost of a Turbo rebuild comming at you. Some T's last longer but preventative maint. isn't cheap.
Personally, I'd rather have a sled that's dependable even if it means a sacrifice in power. And dropping 40#'s with the Pro will give it better performance. Maybe take the 4 year warranty and enjoy riding again.

oldsno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 8, 2009
out with the old in with the new.I got my trade in writing the warry's the access. cash $1.000.00 cash for 011-012 is all legit. I have traded 3 yrs. in a row easier to keep up than catch up just my opinion.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features