• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris Prices are Up...

soreloser

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NE Wyoming
the assualt comes in 3 models
assault switch 144x1.375
assault switch 144x2
assault backcountry 155x2.14? competition track

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
so I'll say it again...compare the rmk to the summit x
1050 difference in price and doo is heavier.
Like I said, I'm not trying to bash anything, but to "assume" makes an a$$ out of u and me. No one has any idea what the prices of the 2012 sleds will be.
bty, polaris is offering the Assult in the 155 this year right?

The pro RMK 800 155 is 11599 and the Summit X 800 ETEC 154 is 12049. and assume what you want on hp on the poo but we doo have posted hp on doo's. Whether it is doo saying 155+ or independent dynos saying more. You can use the first three letters of assume how you want.

Again there is a three letter word in ASSult and it is not a IQR is it!!! :closed_2:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The doo is only $150 more than a rmk and you get a lot more technilogical engine and when you compare an assult to a ski doo X the same applies outside of a great looking sled you would think the engine could be more improved, when doo went from carbed HO to etec on there 800s its a $800 increase in the price look whats happening to the price of ther 800 HO sleds now, imagine the price of the poo if they had a 2012 compliant engine now it woud be $12400 I think waiting might be a good idea, consider this if you buy know and if in 2012 they come out with a cleaner more compliant engine the value of a 2011 could go in the tank if there engine issues do not go away, this is just my obeservation I wish all who buy a new poo the best of luck but I think I will opt for a XP

first...umm technically advanced? this is the motor that by the owners manual has to be pulled down every 2000 miles to have the main bearings greased? really advanced..umm the poo motor is 12 compliant as well..so ditto there....and you have had both sleds out on the snow and on the dyno togeather at the same time to compare?..really..well all I will say is buy the sled you like..and ride it..as I also plan on doing..and most important..enjoy riding your sled...who cares who rides what..or who has this or that..big deal..the only thing that matters at the end of the day is..did you have fun? did you get to hang with your buds and do some fun stuff? did you all get home safe after such a great time?..thats what matters.....

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
first...umm technically advanced? this is the motor that by the owners manual has to be pulled down every 2000 miles to have the main bearings greased? really advanced..umm the poo motor is 12 compliant as well..so ditto there....and you have had both sleds out on the snow and on the dyno togeather at the same time to compare?..really..well all I will say is buy the sled you like..and ride it..as I also plan on doing..and most important..enjoy riding your sled...who cares who rides what..or who has this or that..big deal..the only thing that matters at the end of the day is..did you have fun? did you get to hang with your buds and do some fun stuff? did you all get home safe after such a great time?..thats what matters.....

AK,

I want to go riding with you and your boys. We can ripp who's ever sled that will holdup to our abuse. Be cool and trash whatever sled mfg's sled you buy as I will do the same.

But I disagree on 2012 compliant for poo.

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
AK,

I want to go riding with you and your boys. We can ripp who's ever sled that will holdup to our abuse. Be cool and trash whatever sled mfg's sled you buy as I will do the same.

come on up bam, we just got about 5-6 ft of freshies from mid last week till now..always love to ride..and I try not to trash em too bad..cant afford to fix em all the time....

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
come on up bam, we just got about 5-6 ft of freshies from mid last week till now..always love to ride..and I try not to trash em too bad..cant afford to fix em all the time....

I will consider. Everyone I ride with gets busy from March till June so I don't have anyone to do late season riding. Don't think my company will like the miles on the company truck to AK. Guess I will have to buy another or rent something to trash up there. I would love to do some AK backcountry riding.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I will consider. Everyone I ride with gets busy from March till June so I don't have anyone to do late season riding. Don't think my company will like the miles on the company truck to AK. Guess I will have to buy another or rent something to trash up there. I would love to do some AK backcountry riding.

its a great place to ride for sure..this pic is from one of my favorite places to ride ..its from a few years ago and taken in may(we were out spring grizzly bear hunting...

april2002.jpg

this pic of a buddy was from last weekend..

DSC00300.jpg

B

bam530

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Corn field
its a great place to ride for sure..this pic is from one of my favorite places to ride ..its from a few years ago and taken in may(we were out spring grizzly bear hunting...

april2002.jpg

this pic of a buddy was from last weekend..

DSC00300.jpg

I hope your buddy isn't crying about being stuck in that pic. It was 70 degrees were I was at today. I will be in the mountains in fresh pow this weekend. taking my dad for one last trip before he gets busy. He keeps wanting my job so he could ride more.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I hope your buddy isn't crying about being stuck in that pic. It was 70 degrees were I was at today. I will be in the mountains in fresh pow this weekend. taking my dad for one last trip before he gets busy. He keeps wanting my job so he could ride more.

I could use a job like that..I work stupid crazy amount of hrs..

sorry for hoeing the thread guys..

P
Feb 22, 2004
Wisconsin

Ask the boys from this year's Iron Dog what they thought of the new E-tec motors. I don't think a single one of them finished the race. CFI-equipped Polaris 600's took first place FWIW.

T
Nov 9, 2008
I made a mistake when I looked at the prices I was looking at a straight RMK and using that as a comparison and I used the pro price by mistake I did not mean to stur up a can of woopass but the etec is still more advanced you can not argue that and I do not think the 800 cfi is 2012 compliant as the recent artical in am snow by olav aaen asks (will others catch up in time to meet 2012 emission standards) but I will say kudos to polaris for stepping up on there chassis development

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
The pro RMK 800 155 is 11599 and the Summit X 800 ETEC 154 is 12049. and assume what you want on hp on the poo but we doo have posted hp on doo's. Whether it is doo saying 155+ or independent dynos saying more. You can use the first three letters of assume how you want.

Again there is a three letter word in ASSult and it is not a IQR is it!!! :closed_2:

Even though I am a "Lowly moderator" in your eyes.... I do have a lot of experience with this topic.:face-icon-small-dis

I can see that you are a big fan of the XP's too... everybody has their preference.... You just picked the Polaris forum to talk about it.
Kind of like cheering for the Chargers at a Raiders game.

To be fair here though... You chose the Freeride... probably because of the better shock package and additional bracing to make the sled stronger from the standard model X package. The price for comparison would be $13,500 for the Freeride and not the $12,049. (better suspension, beefed up standard chassis, better cosmetics)..

The comparison that you are making then should be for the structurally stronger sleds... the Freeride that you chose over the X... and the Assault (Although the Pro Ride Chassis has the same strong chassis as the Assault)

$13,500 (Freeride) and $11,999 (Assault)

The Pro R chassis has a stronger bulkhead, the rear suspension is a more evolved coil-over suspension package... The Piggyback Walker Needles are a top notch shock (I'd put them against the Exit X-O's) but I will give the nod to the KYB Pro 40 R's on the XP with Speed sensitive valving.

The rear suspension on the Pro-Assaults also features the Walker Piggyback needle shock... again compared to the KYB Pro 40 R's.

But, unless you are a SnowCrosser or a high speed trail rider.. the DSC function on this shock is a bit overkill in the mountains, IMO.

IMO, the Torsion spring is dead.. Ski Doo should have gone with a Toms Evolution style rear skid in a coilover shock on the XP. :crazy:

Cat, Yamaha and now Polaris (finally) have done away with the torsion springs for more control and adjust-ability in the rear skids... I'd like to see the assaults equipped with an air shock on the rear (Struthers/Holz will have a Float X for the Pro-RMK)

I can see why you would choose the Freeride... The XP's do need to be made stronger for abusive riders like you seem to be... Hence the additional bracing and weight added to the S member and rear of the bulkhead on the Freeride compared to the X model.

Not a pizzing match though... it is about personal preference here. The Ski Doo is one type of machine... the Pro-X is another.

After personally seeing the hellacious hits that the Rush can take in a head on with a tree or clipping a rock at speed...And seeing the same thing in XP...IMO, the Pro-R bulkhead assembly is much stronger and easier to replace than the XP.

I have been on both sleds... my preference is the Polaris, but I'm as much a Polaris fan as you are a Ski Doo fan.

The IQR and IQ-RMK have the same bulkhead... both set the standard for durability in the chassis department.

The new chassis from Polaris does the same thing and will, most likely, be in the new Race offerings to be debut at Haydays this year.

This new Pro-RMK is a new way to look at a sled... I think most people will be amazed with it.

"2012 Compliant" is a Standard... a list of emissions specifications that the engines must meet... Polaris has this engine, that meets these 2012 standards, in to the EPA for final validation.

DI... which the E-Tec is (Orbital design) is the one way to lower emissions and give good performance...

This still leaves the oil burning as an avenue to greatly improve emissions... Oil formulation, cylinder coatings/clearances, piston clearances, sealed greased bearings (like on the Polaris race sleds and rotax engines) spray patterns of the fuel and swirl patterns in the crankcase all affect how rich the mixture needs to be.

There are many ways to bake a cake... this cake is EPA compliance for emissions. Wait till we have to take our sleds in for inspection... OUCH:tape:

I'm sure you will be happy with your Freeride... It's a great sled... I really like the color package as well.

Traded my 10 XRS Hillclimb for a freeride for 2800 otd. Not bad considering the ETECH adds a grand. My sled had 1500 miles. Hopefully I don't need to trade again next year and I can get two years out of it.

Last edited:
Premium Features