• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Float 25 Turbo, anyone?

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I was going to sell by Throttle 22 and get one this year after trying it on at ISC this year, but decided against it. I love the pack layout compared to the throttle 22. The extra small features they added really make it nice. It fit me great and felt lighter overall compared to my 22. Only reason I didn't get one came down to price. Going to school and trying to ride, I figured I'd just keep what I have.

T
Jan 17, 2012
Montana
I was going to sell by Throttle 22 and get one this year after trying it on at ISC this year, but decided against it. I love the pack layout compared to the throttle 22. The extra small features they added really make it nice. It fit me great and felt lighter overall compared to my 22. Only reason I didn't get one came down to price. Going to school and trying to ride, I figured I'd just keep what I have.

Thanks for your input, it's appreciated.

jokerman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Wy.
Bought one at S.L.C.snow show,like the size &fit haven't used it yet,need snow

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Got mine today. Could someone take a pic of theirs packed? Shovel, probe, things like that. I am sure each section is designed for something. I can't find a vid or pics to show anything.

I know it's not rocket science. Are shovel handle and probe going in pack. What about zipper pouches on outside?

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Zippered pouches on the outside, that look like they are the size for a probe or shovel handle, what do you use those for????

T
Jan 17, 2012
Montana
I just wore mine for three days in the Bighorns of Wyoming. It's my first avy pack, but it was just as comfortable as my Klim pack. I'm 5'10" and 200 pounds. Pack fit really well, was comfortable, and everything stayed dry inside. Only one small downside that is easily fixed.....all the straps seems excessively long so they hang pretty low. I plan on cutting them down a tad and stitching them.

N
Dec 18, 2012
Bothell, Wa
I wonder how they compare to the float 22 for fit and comfort? I've heard a lot of people not liking those for comfort or other reasons, I wonder if things have been improved on the float 25? I really don't need the extra space but from past reviews I would prefer to avoid the 22.

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I wore my Float 25 for first time last weekend. I love it. Plenty of room for stuff and comfortable to wear. I second that the straps are a little long. I'm going to cut mine with a blade and use a small propane torch to seal the frayed ends.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I wonder how they compare to the float 22 for fit and comfort? I've heard a lot of people not liking those for comfort or other reasons, I wonder if things have been improved on the float 25? I really don't need the extra space but from past reviews I would prefer to avoid the 22.

....interesting. I have worn a 22 for the last 3 seasons, as have 6 of the guys I ride with. No comfort issues at all, in fact we liked it better than the 32, as it didn't hit our helmets. I have NO qualms about recommending the 22.

Ace

Premium Features