• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

heat exchanger ?

V
Dec 7, 2007
Froid,Montana
i currently have a 2002 mt cat 800 efi 151 and want to change the heat exchangers to the newer style (03-04) mt cat. i found a used set off a 04 900 efi 151, and am wondering if the tunnel length is the same on the two sleds. by looking at the parts diagram, it looks like they will mount fine, as long as the tunnels would be the same length

thanks everyone

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I would think the only issue is being sure that the two tunnels kick up at the same place. I think you'd be ok though. I can probably get measurements this weekend

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Vern,
I didn't get actual measurements, but my dad confirmed that the tunnel kick-up is in the same location.

However, he brought up something I had forgotten. There is a row of rivets near the top of the back half of the '02 tunnel. This holds the top of the tunnel on. These rivets may be in the way of the corner coolers. On yours, how close are those rivets to the top of the tunnel?

Premium Features