• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

castlegar area

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Rode up norns yesterday....to the shaw cabin and the airstrip. Crappy vis, but lots of snow. Almost 1' fresh on top of a good base. Probe showed 4.5 feet total on the ridge. Probably got at least another foot over sunday night and it's been PUKING all day (monday). Gotta be careful, big things that look like rocks are still rocks and definetly some landmines still hit-able.

Definetly worth going, with this overnight storm it should be awesome.

M

MenzToys

Nov 26, 2007
Castlegar BC canada
www.menztoys.com
The Castlegar Snowmobile club welcomes everyone who wants to ride in our area but would like people to join our club it is $50 a year per person 16 and over after Jan 1 $60 trail passes are $10 a day membership funds all go to the operation of our groomer and cabin maintenence. we are hoping to buy a newer groomer thx wayne if you need info phone Graham at 250-365-8268 or Wayne at 250-365-2349 or Al at 250-365-2365 grooming starting this friday thx wayne

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
The Castlegar Snowmobile club welcomes everyone who wants to ride in our area but would like people to join our club it is $50 a year per person 16 and over after Jan 1 $60 trail passes are $10 a day membership funds all go to the operation of our groomer and cabin maintenence. we are hoping to buy a newer groomer thx wayne if you need info phone Graham at 250-365-8268 or Wayne at 250-365-2349 or Al at 250-365-2365 grooming starting this friday thx wayne

I'm going to be out that way in mid Jan with the sled. Where can I buy a day pass? Do you want me to buy a membership for one day or is it just visitors that have to buy a trail pass? Where are you grooming? Bombi? 24-mile? or just up Pass Creek into the Norn's and Ladybird?

Anyone ridded Koch Creek lately up near Appledale?

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Yeah, spoke to my dad last night, when i first called he was out plowing the driveway. Mom said that you guys got about snow all day. Keep me posted about the conditions, I'm stoked to be coming back to the old stomping grounds....

Where else do you ride Stomper? Jay, have you ridden Midslope at all this year? What about Meadow mountain or Meteor Mines?

I'd like to run up Koch Creek near Appledale up the valley, when I'm home, not sure about the conditions on the road in though? Have either of you guys heard anything about up that way?

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Jay, have you ridden Midslope at all this year? What about Meadow mountain or Meteor Mines?
Have some friends that have been riding meadow for over a month....they say it's great.

I hit Rover/Snowater 3 weekends ago and it was ok, then Giveout near Nelson which is fairly low so it was only ok as well (trail and lake riding). This dump will setup Rover and norns nicely IMO....I will be hitting one or the other on Sunday. I'm not familiar with midslope? Where's that?

Meteor should be good as well, but the trail up there is so long, low andboring that I usually don't go except for snoworama.

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
I'm not familiar with midslope? Where's that?

Its basically the same place you guys are calling Snowater - up to the cabin from Blewett past the Slocan junction towards Nelson (Copper Mountain area). There used to be a Forest Service Road in there called Midslope, maybe they changed the name or de-activated it. Regardless, its the same area, if the snow is good at one, the snow is good at the other. I always find there are too many people up the Norns at the airport, etc.

Thanks for the info you guys, its appreciated.

K
Dec 11, 2007
theres not that maney people up ladybird,lots up norns mostleymore people go to ladybird in the spring,awsome riding up there.theres over 6 at the norns cabin!!!

Premium Features