• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800ho engine

N
Jan 5, 2011
I bought a 2010 Xfire800 last spring, and I really like this snowmobile, it's geared perfect for my style of riding. Love the new 800 engine the power is everywhere in any throttle position.

I noticed that it likes to load-up while im coasting at low speeds, and idling after the engines already to operating temp. My only concern is that once i went to grab a handful of throttle and all I got was, well not much, and i really needed that power right then, cause on a big slope sidehilling and nearly fell right over the other side. I guess I got use to the reliable, power on the spot type engine.
Any one have a remedy/cause for this? I'm leaning toward a rich A/F mix from the ECU at low engine loads, is there an update for 2011? Or is it something i have to live with, with this engine? Like the massive oil consumption? It's oil thirsty thats for sure.:face-icon-small-sho

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Did you change clutching or add a can?

2010 and 11 are lean down low (10 worse than 11) and only work right stock (can and clutching).

I've had to add a lot of fuel on the bottom on both years because of my lower engagement and pipe.

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
Consensus seems to be the oil pump sticking...expecially if your seeing high oil consumption. Theres a thread going on it right now with some possible solutions.
And many say, adjust the cable while your in there too (to lower oil consumption).

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Most of the sleds do this, if you read in one of the stickies, lots of them do it. what i try and do is even when your going down a hill keep your engine running just before it engages. or before you need it to perform rev it up to engagment but dont make it engage.

by making it rev higher it burns off the oil or fuel build up and will allow you to have itrun clean when you need to have the power, pretty much eliminates the hesitation.

thats what i have done and it solved my problem. hope this helps!

F

FrostBite2010

Jan 9, 2010
Haines, Alaska
Oil Pump?

I have a 2010 M8 that has the same bogging issues. If I let it sit and idle for a few minutes it will load up and coming down a steep hill on compression it will load up. I found that if I feather the throttle every few seconds it will stay clean. I have had issues with the oil pump sticking and just today added the bdx oil injection delete. I am hoping this solves my problem because I was running about 20:1 to 23:1 oil ratio....I will let you know.

I am also running a superQ, and bdx intake.

I also had the same issues when the sled was completely stock.

Premium Features