• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

m1 will not start

Sep 19, 2010
b.c.
hi there sled died on trail and wont start plugs seem dry . how do i check fuel pump? just pull off fuel line and pull cord? i can see spark and pistons look ok

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
My M7 did something similar the other day. I ended up deleting the stock connector to the fuel pump so I could hook up a battery too it.

Reverse the polarity of the fuel pump to clean it out using a 9V battery. After I did that I ran the pump in the right direction and flooded the motor. After I got the fuel out it has ran fine.

Good luck.

Sep 19, 2010
b.c.
it has 30psi fuel press when pull the cord. i put gas in the cylinder and it fires. maybe it the pure logic fuel thing? i will try take it off ?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
hook up a 12v battery to the fuel pump, it should be 42-47psi unless there is an adjustable(aftermarket) regulator on the pump. If there is you need to adjust it. I would try reversing the polarity first just because then hook it up right and check pressure. Make sure you have a good gauge though, I had one get off by 9psi. If you have fuel pressure then you need to check for power at the injectors, just put a test light on the wires, put the ground to the chassis and have someone pull it over, then hook the ground end to a power source and check for a ground at the injectors.

F
Nov 30, 2009
Waverly Iowa
I had a fuel pump issue myself

Easiest way to see if your getting fuel is take the fuel line off the carbs and pull it over. Then pull the rope. If it's working, gas will shoot out a couple inches. I had to reverse polarity in mine to unclog it.

Sep 19, 2010
b.c.
man i dont know whay happened but when i was checking to see if there was power at injector . i could smell gas as i pulled it so put pipes back on and it fired up runs fine . so it must be wireing? thanks guys for all the help ! i got to go now and fined some big hills with powder!! haha

Premium Features