• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Highest Possible HP Phazer

H
Oct 7, 2010
whats the highest HP number you can achieve on a Phazer, either turbo or supercharged? looking to build an all out phazer to beat up on the bigger sleds. is it possible to get 200HP out of the motor?

I want to be able to have the lightest weight 200+hp 4 stroke on the hill, and the phazer is how i want it done.

Can this mill handle that amount of boost, or even a combo of boost and spray?

S

sortastock

May 26, 2003
De Pere, WI
200hp is a lot out of 500 cc, even with boost...

What minimum level of reliability will you be satisfied with?

What kind of fuel requirements are you happy with?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
To get a phaser to those levels. your running on the ragged edge of puking motor parts out, there just not able to hanlde big boost like the other yami motors.. and with only 500cc you need a lot of boost to keep up.

IMO, just get a nytro and do a low boost kit for way cheaper, super reliable and do the same thing power wise.. also then your not stuck with a little baby 14 wide track.

H
Oct 7, 2010
To get a phaser to those levels. your running on the ragged edge of puking motor parts out, there just not able to hanlde big boost like the other yami motors.. and with only 500cc you need a lot of boost to keep up.

IMO, just get a nytro and do a low boost kit for way cheaper, super reliable and do the same thing power wise.. also then your not stuck with a little baby 14 wide track.

well, if i could get the motor to work, then i would like to transplant a 162 under it, and do an all air suspension to drop even more weight. maybe even some titanium arms and chassis parts as well.

xtrememotorworks

Powersports Performance!
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sumner,Wa
www.xmrinc.com
I don't think the motor is that much of an issues, I mean it will be on the edge for sure, but the skinny track and heavy chassis is the hard part. Now throw that little motor in a light IQR chassis or something that would be cool:)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, I just htink you could dump a chit ton of money into it and have something that barely keeps up with pump gas 2 stroke turbos and is not reliable at all.. yamaha's arent light, plain and simple. they can be lighter.. but not light. If you want real power and reliabilty I just dont see the phaser as the most practical way to get it..

I LOVE yamaha's. but IMO the phazer just isnt gonna be all that impressive even if you invest $20k into it.. drop that much on a nytro or apex.. new story. Even turbo 2 strokes are probably just as reliable as a maxed oh phaser.. that motor just cant really get it done. now if you still want super light 4 stroke turbo.. think yama-doo or something along those lines.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
So if an Apex can make over 400 and even well into the mid 550's why can't a phazer make 200??? It is exactly half an Apex motor:face-icon-small-win
I'd say do it!!

RS

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
stay away from the turbo phazer idea, been there done that. Start with a nytro you will thank your self later.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i always though a 220hp phazer would be a lot more fun than a 3-400hp apex or nytro. I beleive in a snowest mag outlaw was getting 180 hp out of the phazer but at 200 and beyond the little 500 wants to grenade. from what i read in the past is that the block can;t handle the 200+ hp.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
i always though a 220hp phazer would be a lot more fun than a 3-400hp apex or nytro. I beleive in a snowest mag outlaw was getting 180 hp out of the phazer but at 200 and beyond the little 500 wants to grenade. from what i read in the past is that the block can;t handle the 200+ hp.
this is exactly what I was talking about.. getting the boost numbers to hit the power goals is easy, but the motors dont take to the higher boost like the apex/nytro motors will.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
hurrican performance makes nytro ski doo and apex blocks they need a block out for the phazer, i'd sell my sled and go that route. can;t even imagine the fun with a phazer makin 250hp

H
Oct 7, 2010
so i guess what im getting is that 200HP is achievable, but the motor has issues handling that amout of power? is there a company that makes a billet cylinder/block for the motor? or maybe even a billet crank as well? if the motor is basically a couple of dirtbike motors molded together, than maybe a company could produce a billet cylinder/crank combo to make the motor basically bullet proof. ill ask around and see what i can come up with, but does anyone have any suggestions to allow the motor run well around the 200hp mark?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i've been looking for the past year as i had the same idea with my phazer. nobody makes a block or crank etc. if your gonna run it well in the 200 hp mark my suggestion is you run some top grade race gas. see if you can get some low comp pistons, rods, and head studs for it. wouldn;t be hard to get those made to your specs if nobody makes them already.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
phaser_2011.jpg

Here is one I worked on...little pump gas turbo version. NO 200HP but it's huge improvement over stock! Man that thing has 100lbs of extra stuff on it. It was a struggle not to tear into it and redo lots of stuff. BUT the problem is you'll spend an incredible sum getting it reasonably light and you still have a 14" wide track. COME ON RANDY..put in the good word and lets get this...
2013 PHAZER BACKCOUNTRY EXTREME
a bulkhead assembly that will handle 150 x 15 x 2.5 Camo Extreme
new light tunnel (please let me design it including the running boards)
light weight seat assembly
Holz Alpha-X rear suspension
Fox Evol R fronts on 40" stance chromoly arms (about half the mass of what is currently on it)
MC Express Turbo/light weight exhaust
simmons gen III skis

under 500lbs please..like 460

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
I seem to remember a post a couple years ago. Some guy cranked up the boost until it windowed the block, i think it was 18 to 20psi or something like that.

What would that be for hp on a phazer? 220? He had some cool pics of the carnage anyway.

Is there anyway to help the bottom end out on these things? With the headshim the lag and low end is terrible. These are supposed to be powerful nimble boondockers. Lack of low end power is a real handicap.

I say forget about the phazer. Imo of course.

B
Mar 13, 2009
Libby Montana
why doesn't anyone support phazers? It seems like rather than advice its all negativity... some people just like to have something different. build the sled and enjoy it... and all sleds are money pits; its just part of the sport.:face-icon-small-hap

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
NM's fuel system might be something that would help dial in the Phazer. Might be able to push close to 200 hp with the extra injectors? The guys at Quantum have a cool looking one with a CR tunnel and a Synergy midmount turbo kit. Not sure if they ever found a fuel controller that worked or not?

L
Jan 2, 2008
Cranbrook BC
I had a synergy turbo phazer. I loved it when it worked. but 50% of the time it was down for problems. that phazer cant take the boost i was trying to put through it. I ran it alot on 17lbs, WHAT A BLAST! but then things wore out quick. if you spent alot of money and did it right it would work. but expect a years worth of troubleshooting and setup. good luck man. PM me if you want info on how that synergy kit worked.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
They already make a bulkhead with that motor to handle the 16x144x2 track, move the body work over to an MP, Venture MP actually works really well with a 2 inch track. I built one for a customer that had a Nytro as well, he sold the Nytro because he had more fun on the MP, mind you, he just liked puttin' around through woods and the Nytro was too much for him.

Take the MP, stretch it out to 159 and add some air, I think that would work just fine!

phaser_2011.jpg

Here is one I worked on...little pump gas turbo version. NO 200HP but it's huge improvement over stock! Man that thing has 100lbs of extra stuff on it. It was a struggle not to tear into it and redo lots of stuff. BUT the problem is you'll spend an incredible sum getting it reasonably light and you still have a 14" wide track. COME ON RANDY..put in the good word and lets get this...
2013 PHAZER BACKCOUNTRY EXTREME
a bulkhead assembly that will handle 150 x 15 x 2.5 Camo Extreme
new light tunnel (please let me design it including the running boards)
light weight seat assembly
Holz Alpha-X rear suspension
Fox Evol R fronts on 40" stance chromoly arms (about half the mass of what is currently on it)
MC Express Turbo/light weight exhaust
simmons gen III skis

under 500lbs please..like 460

Premium Features