• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FREE Member Post Read Limit increased +33%

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just wanted to let everyone know.

We have INCREASED the number of posts a Free Member can read from 75 to 100.

Thats 33% more Free Content on any large thread.

Scanning all the threads in 2013, our free non-paying members now have full access to
99.8% of all public content on SnoWest!!!

Thank you for your continued support!!:face-icon-small-hap

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
How are the free members supporting Snowest?

I would say the opposite, by increasing the content you give to the free basic members, that decreases the value the paying members receive. the paying members are the ones supporting Snowest.

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
I would say the opposite, by increasing the content you give to the free basic members, that decreases the value the paying members receive. the paying members are the ones supporting Snowest.

Not that anyone's ever gonna tell us but it'd be interesting to put your theory to test and see how much of snowest is supported by paying member vs. advertisers .. ?? .. . saying free users don't support snowest is kinda silly . ..why would advertisers pay to show their goods here if they weren't making money off that advertising . .which in turn is free users supporting snowest. .

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
The internet has and continues to provide a lot of free content for users. It's hard for websites to get people to pay for content.

Hopefully when people spend more time on a forum they realize the value and will pay for it.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Can I ask how often this is an issue?

Because we typically get asked to change very few older posts and usually that is only the for sale stuff asking us to note the item sold.

I was just curious.

You probably don't get asked much because people figure it is a pita to do so. I just like to keep a clean looking thread, delete the TTT's , modify price in original post if need be, and if you list multiple items in the original post - delete the ones that are sold.

ALL I care about is the swap meet related items, even if it was limited to just that section, like my profile/ ability was 7 months ago.

Despite what people say, it has not always been that way.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You probably don't get asked much because people figure it is a pita to do so. I just like to keep a clean looking thread, delete the TTT's , modify price in original post if need be, and if you list multiple items in the original post - delete the ones that are sold.

ALL I care about is the swap meet related items, even if it was limited to just that section, like my profile/ ability was 7 months ago.

Despite what people say, it has not always been that way.

OK
Fair enough.
I have DOUBLED the time limit for you to remove your TTTs, Modify your prices and delete your unsold items.

Premium Features