• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feeler thread Apex part out

Status
Not open for further replies.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Hit a stump with my sled the other day and messed up the front end. thinking about parting it out and starting my nypex build. Here is whats on the sled.
VE tunnel 162 powdercoated black with silver coolers
162 CE
fastrax M10 rear skid
Powderlites 2860 turbo w/ boost it kit and Electronic boost controler w/ fuel tank
Boss Seat
11" RSI Risers
Both clutches
Barkbuster front suspension (see below)
OFT Racing steering bushings
Brand new Mountain fit hood thats been cut out for Turbo intake
Simmons gen 3 skis.
GYTR piggyback front shocks (see below)
CR Steering post
Silver yamaha/skinz front bumper (scratched)
Avid drivers
Bulkhead has been dropped and rolled by VE
Stock chain case no reverse
Plus all the little stuff

Whats damaged is the left footwell, Left shock the rod is bent rest is good. Should be rebuildable, Left Spindle is bent, belt cover is bent, front subframe where a arms bolt to left side lower a arm mount is broke. Lower left body panel is no good. Both body panels left and right the upper part that hooks on to the tab is broke. The rest is in good shape. Id rather not sell the motor but for the right price it can be had too. Its only got 20 miles on it. Carrillo rods, wiseco 10:1 pistons, ARP head studs, no shim. The turbo has about 800 miles on it. Boost-it kit has 20 miles

I will only part out if the major stuff can be spoken for. Ive been pondering the idea of a Nypex build and well this would be perfect timing. Any questions just let me know. So if youd be interested in anything let me know and ill start a list and see if its worth parting out or if ill just fix the front.

here is a picture of the sled from last year. Before the Front bumper. I can take a picture tomorrow but its basically the same except for the broken pieces listed above

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Hit a stump with my sled the other day and messed up the front end. thinking about parting it out and starting my nypex Here is whats on the sled.
VE tunnel 162 powdercoated black with silver coolers
162 CE
fastrax M10 rear skid
Powderlites 2860 turbo w/ boost it kit and Electronic boost controler w/ fuel tank
Boss Seat
11" RSI Risers
Both clutches
Barkbuster front suspension (see below)
OFT Racing steering bushings
Brand new Mountain fit hood thats been cut out for Turbo intake
Simmons gen 3 skis.
GYTR piggyback front shocks (see below)
CR Steering post
Silver yamaha/skinz front bumper (scratched)
Avid drivers
Bulkhead has been dropped and rolled by VE
Stock chain case no reverse
Plus all the little stuff

Whats damaged is the left footwell, Left shock the rod is bent rest is good. Should be rebuildable, Left Spindle is bent, belt cover is bent, front subframe where a arms bolt to left side lower a arm mount is broke. Lower left body panel is no good. Both body panels left and right the upper part that hooks on to the tab is broke. The rest is in good shape. Id rather not sell the motor but for the right price it can be had too. Its only got 20 miles on it. Carrillo rods, wiseco 10:1 pistons, ARP head studs, no shim. The turbo has about 800 miles on it. Boost-it kit has 20 miles

I will only part out if the major stuff can be spoken for. Ive been pondering the idea of a Nypex build and well this would be perfect timing. Any questions just let me know. So if youd be interested in anything let me know and ill start a list and see if its worth parting out or if ill just fix the front.

here is a picture of the sled from last year. Before the Front bumper. I can take a picture tomorrow but its basically the same except for the broken pieces listed above

You got to be kidding , sorry for the bad luck Phil :face-icon-small-sho, how was that engine working , did you get to ride it long enought to get a feel for the boost it fuel system.
A Nypex build is what i was going to do with the engine:face-icon-small-win , but desided if i do it to get a complete build from Jim.:face-icon-small-ton

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Your telling me on bad luck. Engine ran spot on. Neil had the Boost-it dialed in pretty close. I had it fine tuned in about 3min. From what I got to ride I really like the Boost-it kit. Was extremely smooth and not even a slight burble on the bottom. I was only running 10# to help with the engine break in so my clutching was off but it ran great. Ill probably end up fixing this one it looks like. Pretty sold on the Boost-it system tho. Id say it had just as much bottom end response as my rb3 with advanced timing.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Well here is whats been considered. Seat, tunnel, skid, track, risers, Boost-it kit. going to do some talking with some and work prices and it might be getting parted out.

SledGuru

Lifetime Membership
May 9, 2008
WY 307
That bark on the tree was just a little to much for that bark buster front end Haha jk, it did rip tho, good luck with the sale or part out

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Actually the barkbuster didn't get hurt. Just the shock. It I think that was from the ride out. The apex subframe was what couldn't handle it. I guess the spindle got tweaked. Probably from everything twisting again because of the subframe

Last edited:

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Well thanks for all the interest in the different parts but after thinking about it i don't want to deal with tearing it down and shipping everything. So its either for sale as is or im fixing it. Ill be fixing it in about 2 weeks. So if its not sold by then ill keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features