• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

bog right off idle

Mar 4, 2009
i have a 2010 m8 sno pro and i noticed if i give it enough gas for my clutching to engage and hold it right off idle it bogs out like you hit the kill switch then picks up!! it almost puts me over the handle bars every time does any one know what could be causing this? thanks for the help

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
i have a 2010 m8 sno pro and i noticed if i give it enough gas for my clutching to engage and hold it right off idle it bogs out like you hit the kill switch then picks up!! it almost puts me over the handle bars every time does any one know what could be causing this? thanks for the help
belt deflection!

T

troyburt

Mar 29, 2010
Newfoundland
your belt should be a little higher than your clutch. jack the rear of your sled off the ground and adjust deflection untill your track starts to creep.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
That is a broken primary spring. Almost 100% sure.

If it has a Black/org. Replace with a yellow/white

S
Jan 18, 2010
Pemberton BC
If the belt deflection doesnt work and you check your spring and its fine, I would check your reeds. If you have an aftermarket muffler there is a good chance the stock reeds are chipped.

Mar 4, 2009
The sled is all stock other than a can but I found the problem sure enough my primary spring is broken thank you guys for the help what is the benefit to going to a yellow /white spring set up?

S
Jan 18, 2010
Pemberton BC
i dont mean to hijack the thread, but in regards to the above post; why would the reeds be chipped if you have an aftermarket muffler?

It has to do with the different back pressure from certain smaller mufflers. When your sled backfires from shutting down too fast it does it as well.

It is just something to check, not every can does it... Its more like one in a million chances, but we have seen a couple in our shop. The reeds were actually chipped half off and the sled would Idle super low and bog when you tried to bring your RPMs up to engage the clutch. Very strange and unexpected for sure!

Premium Features