• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check Engine Light Impulse Nytro

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I've had this sled(08 Nytro) Since First of Dec.Put about 400miles on it,and it runs good.
It has the impulse stand alone kit on it.
Riding it yesterday after being stuck with skis in the air and oil light coming on,the check engine light came on.
The oil light comes on whenever im at weird angles and the goes out that is normal im sure. The check engine light is a new one though. It would go out,but then come back on.It was on then off came and went the rest of the day.
The air fuel heater keeps cycling on my prologer also that started 2 rides ago.
Are they conected?
Just looking for sugestions as to what I should be looking at?
I unhooked the battery seing if it would clear out that didnt work.Looked for loose wires found none.
Thanks

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Did you loose any oil at all when the sled was stuck? Do you have the roll over kit on it? Do you wear a teather and was the sled running when pointing up, if yes how long before you turned it off? Do you have the stock oil tank on your sled? Warm the sled up on level ground for a couple minutes. Check your oil level, be sure to check it by NOT threading the dipstick down into the tank when measuring. Clear your codes and restart the sled and let it idle, let us know if any codes come up at that point. If the sled runs it is not an oil pressure issue, the sled shuts down if a drop in oil pressure is detected. If you really want to be sure crack open the oil check head bolt to see if oil is oozing out when the sled runs. It is the #10 bolt on the front of the head beside the #3 throttle body. I believe with a 12 inch 1/4 ratchet extension you can get at it without taking off the Impulse Intercooler. Be sure to only turn the bolt out about 1 turn. The oil is hard to see when it is oozing out so shine a flashlight down there no matter how much shop light you may have on. If the oil is coming out tighten the bolt back up, if it is not coming out turn the sled off immediately.

Sounds like your oil level is low. On the turbo system sleds you can run your oil level a little high to compensate for the oil running to the turbo.

I've had this sled(08 Nytro) Since First of Dec.Put about 400miles on it,and it runs good.
It has the impulse stand alone kit on it.
Riding it yesterday after being stuck with skis in the air and oil light coming on,the check engine light came on.
The oil light comes on whenever im at weird angles and the goes out that is normal im sure. The check engine light is a new one though. It would go out,but then come back on.It was on then off came and went the rest of the day.
The air fuel heater keeps cycling on my prologer also that started 2 rides ago.
Are they conected?
Just looking for sugestions as to what I should be looking at?
I unhooked the battery seing if it would clear out that didnt work.Looked for loose wires found none.
Thanks

S

Sledsniper

Nov 26, 2007
Eastern Montana
I dont have the roll over valve.I do wear the teather. I have the stock oil tank. I check the oil every time i tip it over or loose any oil.I check it with out threding it in.
How do i clear codes?

Motleyone

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Pullman,WA
Hold the "Select" and "Reset" buttons down and turn the key on. Hold them down for 8 seconds or until "diag" comes up. Then release them. Then hold them down together again for 3 seconds until the screens changes again and displays the bottom number for your TPS. Hit "select" to scroll through the diagnostic numbers until you get to number 61. 61 will tell you what codes have been thrown. Go to code 62. This will tell you how many codes were thrown. On 62 push your hand warmer toggle switch down. This will clear the codes. You should see 0 at code 62 and if you go back to code 61 you should see no codes.

I dont have the roll over valve.I do wear the teather. I have the stock oil tank. I check the oil every time i tip it over or loose any oil.I check it with out threding it in.
How do i clear codes?

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
How do i clear codes?

You should just sell that sled to me!!!!! :face-icon-small-coo

S
Mar 5, 2019
Trouble clearing codes as well

Hi guys, I'm also having trouble clearing codes. Under menu 61 is says "zero" codes. But under 62 it says "1". I pressed the grip warmer switch to zero it out but it stays at 1? WTH?

Premium Features