• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Compared XP with stock Apex, Turboed Apex, and my 04 REV 800

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
WOW

Everybody gives us cat guys a hard time and we take it on the chin. You say one bad thing about a doo and the fists are flyin. Insecure much?

Good post yamadoo

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
So maybe next time you should make sure your 800 is running on both cylinders when you compare in a hill climb and also make sure your reving more then 4000 rpm:beer;

Man if am running only on one cylinder my sled is running quite well then. My one cylinder can beat a lot of other sleds out there. Sweet all i need to do is fix my other cylinder and I will have twice as much power, then I could run with the turboed Apex. :rolleyes:

Yes I am running both cylinders and running around 7800 to 8000 rpms. It was hard to see exactly though cause my dials were always full of snow, and those dang things shake and rattle so much it's hard to tell exactly what its at.
One thing good about the XP is you can change the display to show RPM's, speed or altitude in big numbers. Props to them on that.

H

Hoody

Dec 27, 2007
Most people that hate on the apex do with no or little seat time on them. First time I rode a REV I thouhgt It was the worst sled ever made. But a day or two on it, and you learn how to ride it. Same goes with the 4 strokes.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Lmao Oh Man You Need To Give Me Some Of What Your Smoking Man. Do You Actually Ride??? Sounds Like You Just Sit Around And Talk ****!! Try Going Out And Riding. Then Talk Smack. Lol

Looks to me like your the one talking ****.
But hey if you want to talk some smack.....

Hey what kind of crack do you smoke to make all your words start in caps? You need to stay off that stuff man. It's not good for you.

I think from this thread you should be able to understand I was out riding and that's why I have posted this. Maybe you did't pay close enough attention in school to understand what you read, let alone how to type.
Here read this. It might help you sound like you have some credibility to what you have to say. Unless you make stupid comments. That I can't help you with. http://www.say-it-in-english.com/BasicEnglish8.html

Last edited:
This is just one guys opinion, nothing wrong with that, opinions are like...........well you know and everybody has one.

I would love to ride a yamaha, but never had the chance. I like the xp, took me a few rides to dial the suspension in and get things set for me, but now it has made me a better rider.

Lay off and make your own post about your opinion if you have ridden these machines.

Otherwise stop complaining. One thing that is great is that we all have choices, imagine if we all rode the same crap.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I enjoyed your review. After having switched from Cat after many years I can agree with your evaluation of the Apex. While I find it a bit hard to believe it out climbed a Rev or an XP, I will definitely agree that it is a fine boon docker and once you add a little boost its the best around. Of course this is assuming you have the extra money to put into a sled.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
Bring that Stock Apex to the Snowies. There is 3 feet of dry powder on the ground. Awesome snow. Now then, I'll bring my XP 154X and take you on in a climb. If the Apex wins climbing a 500' hill, you can have my sled and I will quit riding and take up horticulture or biomechanics, and be your "mule" for your acid business;)

H
Nov 26, 2007
Vernon BC
All of you make this review seem like its so untrue, when its really not. The XP is not god's gift to man and does not blow by apex's like they are standing still, especially in the trees. I love riding the stock apex, compared to my turbo vector; and they are still both some of the easiest to throw around(carving). Everyone I've ridden with, with there new xp are still saying they're having a hard time getting use to it and pulling it over; not mentioning belt problems!

great review imo

P
Nov 28, 2007
in a town
Man if am running only on one cylinder my sled is running quite well then. My one cylinder can beat a lot of other sleds out there. Sweet all i need to do is fix my other cylinder and I will have twice as much power, then I could run with the turboed Apex. :rolleyes:

Yes I am running both cylinders and running around 7800 to 8000 rpms. It was hard to see exactly though cause my dials were always full of snow, and those dang things shake and rattle so much it's hard to tell exactly what its at.
One thing good about the XP is you can change the display to show RPM's, speed or altitude in big numbers. Props to them on that.

so if your sled doesnt need to be fixed i think your head does....

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
Hold it hold it Guy's

You have got to admit there is getting to be some real slouch running rev's out there ??? As for the xp's ,falling in the same path doo's are not what people have made them out to be . I admit there are alot of them out there and some good running one's and some of the best ridders I've seen run rev's.
But when it comes to a big hill and "oh" it's deep you will never see a rev or a xp crest that hill, they are way over rated and don't climb all that well in the deep stuff .
The only two times in my ridding experiance I have seen a rev climb real good was one with a big bore and one with a turbo. I am not saying the they are no good at climbing in the deep. But will never dominate any hills when there are some polaris's at the bottom , any old and new even an old edge will spank most rev's. Let's not even talk about a dragon 700 , 800 or the pesty old 900 rmk (time to leave boy's) polaris's showed up...
My point is there are other snowmobles out there that work real good.:D

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
You know its quite funny, I said that the Stock Apex was # 3 on the climbing behind the XP at # 2 and you want me to come and race the Apex against your XP. I allready said the XP beat the Apex so there is no need to come race you. However the APEX beat my 4 year old, over 4500 miles, 04 REV 800, and everybody has got their panties in a bunch. It's not like it beat me by 10 sled lengths.

One other thing that stikes me as interesting is that I have heard a few times now that once you get used to how the XP handles it is easy to boondock and handle. That's just it, I can jump onto an Apex and ride it like I have been riding it for years and pull it over just fine. Now when I jump onto the XP I have to get a feel for it and how it handles before I get comfortable riding it.

It was actually funny watching my brother go from the XP to the Apex because when he started to boondock the Apex he pulled it over too far and tipped it over onto its side. That's because he was "used" to the feel of the XP and when he pulled over the Apex he didn't need to use that much effort. Just another observation.

Last edited:
S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Bring that Stock Apex to the Snowies. There is 3 feet of dry powder on the ground. Awesome snow. Now then, I'll bring my XP 154X and take you on in a climb. If the Apex wins climbing a 500' hill, you can have my sled and I will quit riding and take up horticulture or biomechanics, and be your "mule" for your acid business;)

Well i'm thinking if he's a smart man, you may soon be mulin' some smack. I'd suggest he keeps the race goin UNTIL something burns down, blows off, breaks off, separates, falls apart, bends, starves itself for air, clutches burn up, clutch arms stick open, rod lets go, crank bearing seizes, skirt breaks off, rear shock fails, jack shaft breaks, etc etc.
Or he could just wait till your hands freeze, and you can't operate the flipper.
Eventually ...... he's gonna beat ya. ;)

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
You know its quite funny, I said that the Stock Apex was # 3 on the climbing behind the XP at # 2 and you want me to come and race the Apex against your XP. I allready said the XP beat the Apex so there is no need to come race you. However the APEX beat my 4 year old, over 4500 miles, 04 REV 800, and everybody has got their panties in a bunch. It's not like it beat me by 10 sled lengths.

One other thing that stikes me as interesting is that I have heard a few times now that once you get used to how the XP handles it is easy to boondock and handle. That's just it, I can jump onto an Apex and ride it like I have been riding it for years and pull it over just fine. Now when I jump onto the XP I have to get a feel for it and how it handles before I get comfortable riding it.

It was actually funny watching my brother go from the XP to the Apex because when he started to boondock the Apex he pulled it over too far and tipped it over onto its side. That's because he was "used" to the feel of the XP and when he pulled over the Apex he didn't need to use that much effort. Just another observation.

i hate to say but i told you so, so many people just never really read a post they just skim it or are blinded by there brand loyalty & would not matter if what they bought was a peice of sh$t they will say its the best.its good to see you had the balls to post what you thought of all the sleds its your opinion, thats what all these guys need to get over.good post by the way have a couple of these .:beer;:beer;

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
How come it's always the Yammy boys getting pissed at the Doo boys because we say the XP is good? If you like your Yammy, great. I loved my '02 MM700 too. But, I also love my XP! Let us Doo guys love our sleds, and we'll let you Yammy boys love yours. All I said was to see if a stock Apex could outclimb my XP in 3 feet of fluff. I never said anything about the weight(or lack thereof!) of the Yammy's nor did I "bash 'em". I don't know if you have actually seen an XP on the hill SLICK!? I have seen a few besides mine, and they worked great on the mountain. It's time to be real about this. If you have a hard time believing that a stock XP will outclimb a stock Apex, well something ain't right upstairs:eek: As far as "surfing" goes, maybe an Apex is better than an XP. Hey, ride what you want, and I'll ride what I want........at least until I "lose" it to an APex rider:D

After reading this thread I just had to sign up for an account so I could post...

- Anything done to that 04 Rev engine considering it has over 4000 miles on it? Rings? How is the compression? What about clutching...springs? That is the problem with these "my sled versus your sled" threads...so many variables go into the resulting performance of these sleds.

- I have never seen a stock APEX out do a ski-doo in any aspect of mountain riding except getting stuck (I was an APEX rider...now a Cat rider). Keep in mind I am talking about well running sleds.

Just some thoughts I had...

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
After reading this thread I just had to sign up for an account so I could post...

- Anything done to that 04 Rev engine considering it has over 4000 miles on it? Rings? How is the compression? What about clutching...springs? That is the problem with these "my sled versus your sled" threads...so many variables go into the resulting performance of these sleds.

- I have never seen a stock APEX out do a ski-doo in any aspect of mountain riding except getting stuck (I was an APEX rider...now a Cat rider). Keep in mind I am talking about well running sleds.

Just some thoughts I had...

I replaced the pistions around 3000 miles. I just replaced the clutch rollers and ramps 2 weeks ago. I wish I knew more about how to fix these dang things cause the dealer says its runing fine, then my clutch falls apart. I fixed that myself this time. If someone could point me in the right direction for a "GOOD" SKIDOO dealer that isn't out 6 weeks let me know cause I can't find one. Welleres Recreation is great but their so far out I wouldn't get to ride my sled for a month and a half. That's one thing great about our Yami's, we have great service with our dealer. Been with them for 20 years now. We have a problem it is usually fixed by the next weekend, unless they need to get parts. Try doing that at a Doo Dealer. Yes if I was with a Doo dealer for that long something might be different but as I see it the dealer has a great deal of influence on what sled to buy, and so far I'm not impressed with a dealer that has Ski Doo near me. One dealer near me has changed their names 4 times since I have had my sled. Not good if you ask me.

Premium Features