• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 RMK production held back to build 850's???

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Lets just hsve a beer. Try not to stress. There's nothing but high blood pressure to be gained from stewin over it. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Polaris rep and dealer have verified that the title of this thread was spot on. 800 snow check sleds that were not shipped earlier when the line was changed to build 850s now have a ship date of December. While I am glad for 850 guys, I can not be expected to think that this is a satisfactory result for the 800s. Heck, part of the reason I ordered an 800 was so I would not be faced with late arrival. Wow, Polaris, really fooled me this time. :thumb:

I'd have a drink and mellow out, but, I can't do that anymore!!:face-icon-small-dis

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Polaris rep and dealer have verified that the title of this thread was spot on. 800 snow check sleds that were not shipped earlier when the line was changed to build 850s now have a ship date of December. While I am glad for 850 guys, I can not be expected to think that this is a satisfactory result for the 800s. Heck, part of the reason I ordered an 800 was so I would not be faced with late arrival. Wow, Polaris, really fooled me this time. :thumb:

I'd have a drink and mellow out, but, I can't do that anymore!!:face-icon-small-dis

I don’t remember seeing anywhere this spring that the 800s were guaranteed to ship first. Just my thought but the latest and greatest that was spring order ONLY should ship first.

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
Goridedoo, all due respect, but, part of the Snowcheck promotion was 0% and 0 payments till March and April respectively, this would include 800s. Not much of a promotion if you don't get your sled until Christmas with part of the riding season over! My other problem is that there is no question there are a lot more 850s than 800s. So, while you are building the few 800s they did, why not finish them in a week or two instead of shutting your production line down, retool, and produce another model that will require months of production, then shut the production line down again, retool, and finish a job you started in late August/early September? Especially after you have notified the dealers with ship dates in early and mid September on our/your sled, the dealer tells the customer when to expect the sled, then has to notify them 6 times that the ship date has been bumped back to a later date, now December. Now if this is not a problem for you, great, but, it is not an effective way to treat customers. Just my opinion. I get the 850 is the new "Trick Pony", that is not, however, a good reason to institute costly and bad business practices imo.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Goridedoo, all due respect, but, part of the Snowcheck promotion was 0% and 0 payments till March and April respectively, this would include 800s. Not much of a promotion if you don't get your sled until Christmas with part of the riding season over! My other problem is that there is no question there are a lot more 850s than 800s. So, while you are building the few 800s they did, why not finish them in a week or two instead of shutting your production line down, retool, and produce another model that will require months of production, then shut the production line down again, retool, and finish a job you started in late August/early September? Especially after you have notified the dealers with ship dates in early and mid September on our/your sled, the dealer tells the customer when to expect the sled, then has to notify them 6 times that the ship date has been bumped back to a later date, now December. Now if this is not a problem for you, great, but, it is not an effective way to treat customers. Just my opinion. I get the 850 is the new "Trick Pony", that is not, however, a good reason to institute costly and bad business practices imo.

I get it, just saying with no guarantees made on delivery dates you are assuming that risk and shouldn’t be surprised that the 850s are getting built first. Regardless a December delivery would be BS. Hopefully your sled shows up sooner than later... if you dont get it till December I would strongly consider spending your money elsewhere.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Something has to be last and whoever’s it is won’t like that. This time last year I had 3 dudes pre order new Gold Wings for the spring. Orders placed on the same date. Due to colour and transmission options they had different build schedules...one was built and delivered in March, another April, and another June. Yes the late one missed some riding and all that, but there was nothing anyone could do. I have ordered countless cars, trucks, ATV’s, etc etc from different manufacturers. Sometimes they ETA 8 weeks and show up in 4. Sometimes the exact opposite.

Sometimes you’re ahead of schedule and sometimes you’re behind...Just the way it is. They want to sell it just as bad as anyone wants to buy it....but something always has to be last.

My prediction is continued over analysis until sleds and snow show up...which are still ETA’d for approx the same time....and then everything will sort itself out.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Spoke with my dealer and they have ship dates of Oct. 26th and Nov. 2nd!!!

Latitude 62

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 29, 2008
Summit Lake, Alaska
My last comments here, I promise!!! No where that I know of in North American motorsports does a manufacturer have the advantage of individual customers coming in with cash and ordering specific models, colors, shocks, etc. months ahead of production and the up coming season like snowmobile manufacturers do. I have spring ordered sleds almost every year (mostly Polaris) since the onset of this type of promotion, late eighties I think. First one I can remember for certain was a 1991 RXL. I am that guy that sees it as a win, win, win for buyer, dealer, and manufacturer and don't mind paying a little more to get what I want in recreational equipment. We are talking about 25 to 30 spring orders here in a 30 + year span. In that time the latest I took delivery of a sled (all in Ak) was December 3, 1992. The sled was a 1993 Polaris Storm 750, first year of that model. A few of the sleds I spring ordered were delivered in Sept., the vast majority of them in Oct. Anyway, please cut me a little slack if an eyebrow goes up and I mutter "WTF" when my dealer and Polaris rep tell me a 4th year model will not be shipped until December and probably won't be delivered until after the 1st of the upcoming year.

With that in mind, I go on the forum to commiserate and get feed back, good, bad, or indifferent from my "bros" in the snowmobiling world. So, thanks for the feedback, and I will try to consider myself lucky that I got all those other sleds in a much more timely fashion. It will be a tough row to hoe though, as I have lots of time to think about it.

Last edited:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My last comments here, I promise!!! No where that I know of in North American motorsports does a manufacturer have the advantage of individual customers coming in with cash and ordering specific models, colors, shocks, etc. months ahead of production and the up coming season like snowmobile manufacturers do. I have spring ordered sleds almost every year (mostly Polaris) since the onset of this type of promotion, late eighties I think. First one I can remember for certain was a 1991 RXL. I am that guy that sees it as a win, win, win for buyer, dealer, and manufacturer and don't mind paying a little more to get what I want in recreational equipment. We are talking about 25 to 30 spring orders here in a 30 + year span. In that time the latest I took delivery of a sled (all in Ak) was December 3, 1992. The sled was a 1993 Polaris Storm 750, first year of that model. A few of the sleds I spring ordered were delivered in Sept., the vast majority of them in Oct. Anyway, please cut me a little slack if an eyebrow goes up and I mutter "WTF" when my dealer and Polaris rep tell me a 4th year model will not be shipped until December and probably won't be delivered until after the 1st of the upcoming year.

With that in mind, I go on the forum to commiserate and get feed back, good, bad, or indifferent from my "bros" in the snowmobiling world. So, thanks for the feedback, and I will try to consider myself lucky that I got all those other sleds in a much more timely fashion. It will be a tough row to hoe though, as I have lots of time to think about it.
Let it go. Let it go. You can do it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Wake/ski Boats, and they are A LOT more $ and have much more uncertain delivery dates - sometimes even getting pushed to the next model year if factory capacity dictates. : )

I find snowmobile delivery (and maintenance work) to be pretty reliable compared to other things we are involved in, even if there is a month or two swing from year to year. Yes, I am waiting on two 850's.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO

Quite frankly, I don't blame you.

Premium Features