• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Air in oil hose

L
Mar 1, 2016
Northen Sweden
I have a pro rmk and i have put the engine down in the chassie without the motor mounts or the thing that is fastend between the engine and the motor mounts so could the oil pump be brooken or some hoses be squeqed so oil cant pass,

I have had the engine running afterwards but the air in the hose didnt go away, got oil in the hose now but could it be the oil pump or something that has failed, going riding tomorrow so my question is if it would be safe to ride or if i should take it appart?

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
After making sure motor isn't sitting on oil linkage and preventing it's movement.

As per Polaris manual, air bubble less than 1/2" (13mm) acceptable.

If you want to get rid of it-- remove oil cap, pull up on oil linkage so pump runs wide open, let sled idle, air bubble should go away. Release oil linkage, replace oil cap (preferably with BRP duckbill cap), go ride.

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
This may help, shows how to bleed the feeder hose to the pump and what to do about the small oil injector tubes.

I also figured out a way to bleed the feeder hose without making a mess under the engine if anyone wants to know.

bleeding oil pump.JPG

trikerider

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
Ellensburg Wa
It's not much of a trick, I cut the bottom off a Solo cup which can be scrunched and still catch the oil coming out of the bleeder. I put the chain case breather tube on a syringe and as the solo cup filled I sucked the oil into the syringe. I then put the oil back into the tank. I just kept doing this over and over again until I was sure the pump feeder tube was air free.

Sorry 2013 and above owners, you will have to find your tube somewhere else.

P82A0432.jpg P82A0433.jpg P82A0434.jpg

Premium Features