• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

help help My 06 M7 wont run

S
Dec 1, 2007
Norther Utah (Utard)
it starts and idles normal. but throttle response is VERY sluggish and only the Mag side part of the Y pipe gets hot.

the injectors are both squirting the plugs have good spark there is good air. so the only things left are timing and compression

I dont know how to check timing but the compression seems WAY down

93/103 if I add a Light oil it rises to 115/115.

that seems really low

can reeds lower compression 10 psi?

spomey

J
Dec 3, 2007
Hope you get it figured out Ken! I thought of something, most might not recommend it, but it might be worth a shot. (this is jeff)

A while ago I put my powervalves back in backwards. They dont go in very far, and the bottom end of my power was more sluggish, but the top end seemed just like normal. If you put them in backwards and run it and get good top end, that would explain that the valves arent coming up enough.

The danger that I know happens on ski-doos is that when the powervalves are put in backwards they catch the piston ring and blow the top end. This did not happen on my m7.

I guess you could just unplug the servo motor and then wind it up to lift the valves and then go run it around the block?

Now i'm rambling...

Premium Features